I NEED SOME VILLIANS!

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges I NEED SOME VILLIANS!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

OK, everybody. I can come up with some pretty good, (I think), heros, but I just can’t seem to come up with any villains to match them. I’m reaching out to you guys for help. No prize to offer other than bragging rights and getting the credit. I’ll post either a single hero or a supergroup, a rundown of everyone’s powers or their back story and you guys let your imaginations fly as to who would challenge these people. I’ll accept character art, as long as you don’t mind them possibly being redone in my “style” or a description of a villain and I’ll try to illustrate it myself. First up is Brain Jack. Brainjack: Kevin Chung was just a normal kid, who happened to be really smart. Unfortunately, being really smart is never considered cool among high school cliques and if you’re not built like a football player, you’re pretty much a target for bullying. Except, one day, a bully suddenly dropped dead in the middle of his daily “pick on the geek” ritual. The official word was that the kid had a heart attack brought about by his use of illegal substances. While that seemed to satisfy everyone, (after all, what could the skinny, little twerp Kevin do to cause a heart attack in this big bully), Kevin was wracked with guilt. Because, while being beaten by that bully, all Kevin kept thinking was, “I wish this guy would just drop dead!” Unknown to him, Kevin is more than just really smart. He is a mutate with genius level intellect, (his last IQ test score was 196), and a telepath. He has the potential to be the greatest telepath the world has known, but all he is focusing on is getting through high school, entering college and gaining another 20 or so pounds. It occurred to me after I did the original version of Brainjack, that it wouldn’t make sense for him to have the superhero name before he actually became a superhero. So here is an adult version of Brainjack. Out of college and sporting that extra, buffed up look he wanted so much in high school, Brainjack invented a couple of gadgets to help focus and amplify his powers. His headst is a psionic-Alpha wave amplifier which helps him regulate the strentgh of his telepathic blasts and his wrist cannon directs them at an individual or a crowd as the situation merits. Both devices are under complete mental control. So much for Brainjack’s abilities and equipment. If anyone sees a direction to take him or has ideas to fill out his back story, feel free to borrow and elaborate on him. Just let me see where you take him, that’s all I ask. His original, high schooler version is in the thread My New Creations.http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/05/Brain-Jack.pnghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/05/BRAINJACK-ADULT.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

I like how Brainjack’s new costume is the same scheme as his old shoes. How’s this for an adversary?

SIDELINE
    Sideline is not a villain; more a foil or nemesis. He is a powerful telepath who thrives on besting others with ESP. You won’t see him in direct combat. He is among the spectators. Seeming to watch the fight unfold. Yet, he is always there for reasons that only he can but refuses to explain. Can he see the future? Is he a secret agent?

Brainjack can feel Sideline’s presence. Many times has Sideline denied Brainjack victory. Villains have escaped battle and even prosecution. Witnesses have had their memories erased. Who is Sideline? What does he want? Why does he stalk Brainjack? What does he even look like? For certain, Brainjack wants answers.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks, Atomic. His adult suit being the same color as his sneakers was pure coincidence, as I made the adult version a little while after the original. I dig your concept for Sideline. I’ll definitely use it. What I can offer as reward/incentive is I can group some characters together for you in a comic page format. I have an editor, Comic Life, which is just for that purpose. Here’s an example. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/05/b-of-b-1.png Give me the characters, (code or pics for a screen capture will do), and a general idea of what kind of page you would like or cover and I’ll get to work.

livewyre1014
    Participant

Here’s a quick concept idea…I call him SEIZURE!!! Not a telepath, but a telekinetic who uses his ability to control physical material with his mind to generally do evil things, rob, steal, kill, hurt people, so forth and so on. Hope this helps. No shading, but if you would like the text file just hit me up.

concept.PNG

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thank you for the offer, Bass Player. I’m happy to share. No prize necessary. But it seems Brain Jack has twice the villainy between Sideline and Seizure! Fight your way out of this! Cool

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks, guys! I like both of your ideas. I like the idea and look of Seizure and if you don’t mind Livewyre, I’d like to try my hand at some alternate versions, keeping true to your original idea. Atomic, based on your idea, off the top of my head, I’m seeing a Shadow/Spirit type, but as a villain. Suit, with or without a cloak, either small mask or face hidden by shadows or pulled down hat. Your description just screams “hide in plain sight” to me. Thanks again, guys. I’ll whip something up before the end of the week.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Ok, again, thanks for the ideas guys. First up is my interpretation of Sideline. Concept by Atomic Punk. SIDELINE
    Sideline is not a villain; more a foil or nemesis. He is a powerful telepath who thrives on besting others with ESP. You won’t see him in direct combat. He is among the spectators. Seeming to watch the fight unfold. Yet, he is always there for reasons that only he can but refuses to explain. Can he see the future? Is he a secret agent?
    Brainjack can feel Sideline’s presence. Many times has Sideline denied Brainjack victory. Villains have escaped battle and even prosecution. Witnesses have had their memories erased. Who is Sideline? What does he want? Why does he stalk Brainjack? What does he even look like? For certain, Brainjack wants answers.
    SIDELINE.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Yep, I pictured him as an older gentleman. He looks like a G-Man… or is that part of his illusion? Wink

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Like I said Atomic, your description said “hide in plain sight” to me. Who would be suspicious of an older gent in a suit standing in the background? I used the monocle because I couldn’t figure on how to make a pair of glasses appear correct from the side. I have a couple of headshots, but my laptop crashed before I posted them. I was also toying with the idea of having him be a either a government agent sent to recruit Brain Jack, but some how ending up being corrupted, or he’s a former teacher who sensed Kevin’s potential, and is motivated by nothing more than jealousy. I think either one of those would still fit your concept. I just noticed after posting that I must have had the cursor too close when I took the “no hat” close up, because I see his sleeve is transparent. Have to be more careful of those things when I take my screen shots! http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/05/SIDELINE-HDSHT-1.pnghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/05/SIDELINE-NO-HAT-1.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

OK, Livewyre, here’s my take on Seizure. I see the green aura as the visible effect of him using his abilities. The energy coming from his hands can literally “seize” items for him toss around, crush, use as a weapon, etc. The chest piece you used I like but couldn’t ind it. Did you make that? In your conception, is it functional like maybe something that focuses his energy or is it just part of the look? Hope you like what I did with your character. SEIZURE.pngSEIZURE2.pngSEIZURE-HDSHT.png

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.