How to mask two things on an item

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Tips, Tricks, How-Tos, and Guides How to mask two things on an item

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

KubiK888
    Participant

I understand how to mask a layer (1) on another layer (2). But if I want to add more layer masks on layer (2), how do I do that? For example, adding multiple tattoos on the left leg? Once I tried adding another mask, the original mask will be unmasked.

KubiK888
    Participant

Another related question is, how can I mask a new layer on both layer 1) and layer 2)? Like a long tattoo extending from the face to the body and leg?

hawk007
    Participant

You can’t mask more than one thing to an item. Don’t know why, but you can’t. But there is a way you can make it look like more than one thing is masked.

Say you want two tattoos on a head. You mask one tattoo to the head. Then, you make a second head, totally identical in size and place, and mask the other tattoo to that. Then, you make the second head totally transparent, and you can bring it down to the bottom layer, if you want.

Also, if I understand it right, you can’t do the second one, either. Just make make multiple of the tattoo, exactly the same in shape, place, and color, and mask each one to a different body part, but in the exact same place, so it looks continuous.

I hope this helped a little.

KubiK888
    Participant

I see what you mean hawk007, thanks, though I am kind of surprised there is no easy solution and think it’s kind of tedious if it’s the only way. Because I think the beauty of heromachine is to be able to manage layers in a simple and effective manner, making multiple underlayer copies just to allow multiple masking makes it really hard to manage and much less flexible, for example, if you need to move the hard, you now need to move both heads and from my experience, when two layers are completely aligned and in the same side laid on top of one another, it will be very hard to select.

Randall
    Participant

The only other solution is if you export the two items you want to mask and use a photo editor. It may not be the heromachine program, but at least you’re sticking with the items. I have had to use a photo editor for some of my art just to get it to look the way I want.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.