How do I get clothing to line up on turned/tilted torsos?

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery How Do I … ? How do I get clothing to line up on turned/tilted torsos?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Xhihou

I’ve browsed through most of the tutorials on the forum (which are all really good!), and I think maybe I’m just plain not getting it. I have been experimenting with using the masking/rectangle method for non-front-facing bodies, but I am having a heck of a time trying to get everything lined up on the default female torso that’s facing mostly front, but slightly tilted, as if shifting weight mostly to one leg. Am I going about this the right way? Should I just use oodles of small insignias to get the curve right?

As a followup question, how the heck do you get the details on the clothes to not overlap in a strange way when doing the broken-up masking? Play with layers?

I’m sorry that these are such stupid questions! I guess everyone’s gotta start somewhere, right?

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

Yeh i just fiddle around until i find a look that is right

sorry if that doesn’t help

Xhihou

@Alexander of Limbo said:

Yeh i just fiddle around until i find a look that is right

sorry if that doesn’t help

Do you use the more spandex-like clothing, or do you use the ones with textures? If you use the latter, how specifically do you approach getting everything to line up? Do you use mostly layer adjustments, or what?

Hammerknight
    Participant

For the turn bodies their are many ways to do it.
    1. Mask clothing to the body then work it until it looks right.
    2. Just color the skin and then add pieces.
    3. Mask other items besides clothing and work it until it is what you want.
    Jeff added the turn bodies, but at this point in time he does not plan on making clothing for them.

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

again sorry if this doesn’t help, but i just do what looks natural, i tend to mask an object onto an insignia and then fiddle with dimensions. I never use patterns on top of an object as it slows my computer down, so i wouldn’t know how to make the patterns line up Smile

Prof.Anthrax

Personally, the few I’ve used were spandex. Otherwise, it’s jigglin’ and wigglin’ (to the cuties so belligerent (whoops, inadvertent Gorillaz reference there)) via sizing and rotation. Of course, Your Mileage May Vary, but then that’s my take on things.

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

(I love The Gorillaz)

Xhihou

Thank you guys! I’m glad I’m at least going about it the “right” way… I’ll just experiment more until I get the hang of it.

That’s too bad that there aren’t any plans for those poses in the works! They’re really cool, but I imagine that’d also make them crazy time-consuming.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.