HeroMachine Wants YOU! — Moderator Position Opening

Home Forums The Pub HeroMachine Wants YOU! — Moderator Position Opening

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Kaldath
    Keymaster

Due to personal reasons I will not go into djuby has informed me he needs to step down as one of our Moderators. I am sorry to see him leave the team, and am happy to say he will still be around, I however find myself as the Senior Moderator of the forum with the task of seeking out a replacement. In the past I have approached people asking if they were interested, and while this process lets me target people I feel would be good for the job it is a time consuming process. What I want to try this time is to ask all members that have an interest in joining the Moderation Team to contact me either Via Private Message here on the forum, or by Emailing me at Kaldath@gmail.com. Do not, I repeat DO NOT apply for the position in this thread, send me a PM or Email.

Somethings to keep in mind:
    Time – while there is no requirements on how much time you need to spend on the site, the more time you can devote the better. I myself may not be on the sight very long each time I visit, I do however pop on at least a dozen different times during the day to take a look around. Some of those visits may be 30 second while others are 30 minutes.

Willingness to Be the “Bad guy” – To be a moderator you will have to enforce our rules, possibly against someone you view as a friend, This will sometimes lead to the person you are dealing with you think you are the one in the wrong. So the moderator position requires a bit of a thick skin sometimes. I don’t expect any moderator to take abuse but I will expect a bit of professionalism.

There are other factors I will be considering when people apply, but those two things are something you should consider before you apply for the position. I will discuss candidates with dblade, JR, and Jeff and once the new moderator is selected I will make an announcement.

CantDraw
    Participant

Hmm…fox in the hen house…

j/k

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.