September 30, 2014 at 8:42 am #109562
Every community needs to have a set of guidelines to operate under to keep things running smoothly so Jeff, HammerKnight and myself put our heads together and these are the rules we have decided to go with. If you have any concerns or if you need clarification on one of these rules don’t hesitateÂ to contact one of the Moderators and we will be glad to talk to you about it.
1) No Flaming – While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
2) No Post Count Padding – Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
3) No Advertising, Spamming or Trolling – These behaviors are not allowed within these forums. Use of the forums or private messaging system to spam or troll other members is forbidden.
4) Keep Things Family Friendly – Heromachine.com tries to maintain a more or less family friendly environment therefore no profanity is allowed, also we forbid the posting of any content that contains nudity or is of a pornographic nature.
5) No Discussion of Illegal Activities – Subjects such as software and music piracy, illicit drug use or other acts of a similar illegal nature are not allowed on these forums.
6) Limit of ONE (1) Account – Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
7) No Copyrighted Material – It is strictly forbidden for you to post any pictures created with Heromachine or similar programs such as Hero-O-Matic of any copyrighted Characters. Also we do not allow the use of copyrighted settings except if such settings are an established and LEGAL RPG or MMO/MMORPG. What this means is that we do not want you placing your SuperHeroes in the Marvel or DC worlds, We do not want to see you creating your own Heralds of Valdemar Fantasy characters etc. When making a characters from a Specific RPG game it MUST be an original character that you have created and can not be an established NPC character from that setting and we would prefer you make mention in your post that it is a RPG/MMO/MMORPG characters of yours. While we understand that this rule many disappoint some of you it is in place for the legal protect of Heromachine and its creator Jeff Hebert.
8) No Plagiarism – Anyone who is found to have copied another community members artwork or writings in the stories section of the forum without providing proper credit to the original artist/writer ( preferably with the permission of said artist/writer ) will be banned from using the forum or posting comments to the blog.
HeroMachine Art Gallery Only Special Rule: In this section of our forums you are limited to a maximum of Three (3) Threads/Topic. Any additional topics beyond the limit may be deleted or merged with another topic at the Moderation staffs discretion.
* We reserve the right to edit or remove any post that violates our rules. Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our forums are a privilege and not a right
* Lastly the various sections of our forums many or many not have additional rules that apply to said section alone. In the event that such additional rules apply they will be posted to the appropriate section or sub-section for your notification.September 16, 2021 at 8:13 am #246803
Hello. I’d like to ask for clarification on Rule #5. Does it apply only to such activities in real life, or does it also include examples of said activities engaged in by fictional characters? Given the fact that Heromachine was made first and foremost for creating characters of the superhero genre, it’s a given that discussion of fictional crimes is bound to come up, especially (but not exclusively) when talking about villains. That said, I’d like to know exactly where the line is drawn. A couple of the posts on my art thread reference certain illegal activities that the characters engaged in, and if any of it crosses the line, I’d like to know so I can edit those references out. Thank you.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.