HeroFan’s characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery HeroFan’s characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

HeroFan
    Participant

Ok, this is my 1st try. Comments please.

Weilyn, and Harlequin, thanks for your help.Red-with-Logo.png

HeroFan
    Participant

Hi all,

I know this is way too big, but I can’t seem to get it smaller. I’ve tried to reduce it, but then when the file is saved to my folder, the thumbnail of the pic doesn’t come up, as it did with this size of the pic.

Strangely enough, when I open the pic in windows image gallery, it doesn’t look near as big as it does here.

Any suggestions?

Weilyn

I’m pretty sure Windows Image Gallery resizes images when you watch them with it, so that you can watch the entire picture without having to scroll, which I guess helps if you’ve got a whole bunch of high resolution vacation photos that you want to torture your family with. I use CDisplay, MS Paint or Internet Explorer to view my images when I want them to be properly sized.
    Sorry, can’t give you any more advice than that. I’m kind of new to this as well.

I really like the design. There’s this kind of retro-50’s-sci-fi-style over it that I always love. And if that is your first stab at a face it is WAY better than my first attempt.
    Nice job! Looking forward to see more!

Also, sorry if my English is kind of crap in this post. It tends to be that when I’m tired Wink

Bad-People
    Participant

Needs Eyebrows…

Anyway try exporting it from the Heromachine in a smaller format, I usually go with 500×750.

Could use a little explanation of what this character is, that would help us to formulate an opinion. And to that point a few questions:

What’s he standing on?

Why is the earth brown?

Did all the trees die?

Did the giant bird kill the trees?

HeroFan
    Participant

Weilyn, thanks! (I think the face I made is ok. I believe I’d much rather use helmets lol.)

Bad-People, thanks for the reply as well. I’ll try 500. I just wanted to test posting a char first, make sure it worked. My next ones will have backstory.

He’s standing on some sort of walkway that was in the backgrounds. The Earth is brown, as I don’t know yet how to mix colors and shade, etc. I’ve only been using HM for 5 days, so I’m pretty much new at this.
    Since I can’t draw a straight line, I really like this program quite a lot.

Again, thanks for the comments!

HeroFan
    Participant

Hi all,

The 1st char I did was one of two I did as an out-of-uniform type. I made this as sort of a cross between MMPR, Sentai Jetman, and the G-Force/BoTP/Gatchaman characters. I’m still trying to look for info on poses, making new ones, things like that. Anyone know if there is a thread to request a pose?

Anyway, hope you like. Comments welcome.

Red-in-uniform.png

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Have a look at http://www.heromachine.com/forum/poses/ to see if there’s anything you can use. If there isn’t, start a new topic in that forum called “Pose Requests” or something, and ask for what you want.

Bad-People
    Participant

Much better, you’re progressing fast. (Don’t know about the Batman & Robin nipple suit though)

Worf
    Participant

@HeroFan said:

I’m still trying to look for info on poses, making new ones, things like that. Anyone know if there is a thread to request a pose?

Anyway, hope you like. Comments welcome.

Yeah, have a look at the thread Kailin suggested. If you can’t find something to your liking, then open a new thread and ask for it. reference pictures are a plus. ;)

Scatman

ams custom poses

HeroFan
    Participant

@Bad-People said:

Much better, you’re progressing fast. (Don’t know about the Batman & Robin nipple suit though)

Yeah, I was and still am new to this, and I had gotten the insignia on the chest before I knew that I could place it on clothes etc., with layering.

I’ve always liked the idea of characters with powered armor/suits as opposed to traditional ‘capes’ style characters. (Plus, I’m not that great with the the faces and skin tone quite yet.)

Bad-People
    Participant

Well you could have still put a shirt on him then moved it through the layers until you had it where you wanted it.

HeroFan
    Participant

Ok, here’s another..I’m having problems getting things to post. I upload at 500×750 for the above pic, it works and this one didn’t. I’m doing something wrong, can someone (besides me) understand where I’m screwing things up? Anyway, hope you like. Comments please.

Ancient-Superhuman.png

HeroFan
    Participant

I’m figuring that layering tool out. I’m going to leave the lens flare, etc. lighting until I get the other stuff down.
    Does anyone else besides me have a problem with masking things sometimes? I know to mask an item in the hand, and so on. It just seems to take 2 or 3 tries to do it.

Legatus
    Participant

I don’t have problems with the masking tool. Ecxept for some hands it simply doesn’t work, but those are a few exceptions.

Looking at your Ancient Superhuman, I’d say you gotta work on the layering a bit more.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.