Greek Characters

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges Greek Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

hawk007
    Participant

This if for pretty much anyone. Someone who loves Greek mythology, or hates it. Even if you hate it, you can still create some awesome characters.
    I’m mostly looking for creativity, skill, and the attributes of the person. You can do whoever you choose. I’m trying to create one of the biggest contest with some of the coolest Greek characters. Just make sure that the person or god actually exists in Greek myth.

the.jester
    Participant

I like greek mythology very much, actually I started a full “topic” in which I’ve been posting and will continue posting the characters I’m creating for the main greek gods. Here you have the link:

http://www.heromachine.com/forum/the-heromachine-art-gallery/greek-gods-by-the-jester/

hawk007
    Participant

You are very good! Do you want to enter any? I’m not going to take credit or anything, if you’re worried.

the.jester
    Participant

The twin siblings, Artemis and Apollo
    Artemis.jpgApolo-1.jpg

hawk007
    Participant

Thanks! Those are awesome!

Magnus Maximus
    Participant

Here’s what I’ve got, made this a while back. This is Hercules. Let me know what you think:

Hercules.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

I like the overall presentation. For critique, I would use an open hand resting against his hip (more natural position). His legs are thin. Depending on what part of his story, but I would add some reference to the Nemean Lion. Maybe swap the Celtic insignia for the lion head or lion pose.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Good work on Hercules overall, but I agree with Atomic Punk; the Celtic tribal tattoo doesn’t quite work. Also, in my opinion, change out the braided hair especially the beard. It gives a more Asian look.

hawk007
    Participant

Very cool!

Magnus Maximus
    Participant

Thanks, but I’m afraid I made and posted this to my own thread a long time ago. I don’t have the text anymore. I just used a repost feature.

hawk007
    Participant

That doesn’t change the fact that it’s awesome!

hawk007
    Participant

Hey The.Jester! I just thought of something. Last night, I figured out how to do really realistic lighting effects! Like, have you seen any of djuby’s? I figured out how to do those things! Do you know how? It would look great on your guys! All you have to do is go to the patterns place, and on the last page, it will have things that look shadows and highlights. You get one, make it so the line isn’t showing, then turn the outside color to the color of the thing you’re putting it on, and the inside color something that is lighter. It would look amazing on your guys!

Herr D
    Participant

As a note, masking patterns can actually slow down the computer. For the shading and highlighting I do, I normally choose a gradient shape like the second to last Background/Shapes circle with colors 1 and 3 alpha 0%. It only counts as an item and doesn’t slow processing speed if you do mask it on.

hawk007
    Participant

I usually do the ones on the last page, and I don’t mask it.

the.jester
    Participant

Hi hawk, using those lighting effects would be great if I wanted to make my gods more realistic, but I personally prefer that “comic way” they look like just the way they are now. Thanks anyway for your suggestions!! :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.