Gods & Goddesses of Egypt

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Gods & Goddesses of Egypt

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Yin
    Participant

This in my interpretation  of Gods & Goddesses of Egypt, I am doing this to get use to using HeroMachine this is my very first topic, I will be posting original pictures soon

Hope you guys like them 🙂

Yin
    Participant

This is the Goddess Ma’at

Ma’at is the goddess of truth, justice and harmony. She was associated with the balance of things on earth. Ma’at was the daughter of the sun god Ra.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Yin
    Participant

This is The Goddess Nut

Nut was the sky-goddess, whose body created a vault or canopy over the earth.
    Nut was the sister/wife of Geb, the god of the earth. She was also the mother of Isis, Osiris, Nepthys and Seth.

The ancient Egyptians believed that at the end of the day, Nut swallowed the sun-god, Ra, and gave birth to him again the next morning.

Attachments:

Yin
    Participant

This is the God Ra

Ra was the sun god. He was the most important god of the ancient Egyptians.
    The ancient Egyptians believed that Ra was swallowed every night by the sky goddess Nut, and was reborn every morning.
    The ancient Egyptians also believed that he travelled through the underworld at night. In the underworld, Ra appeared as a man with the head of a ram.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Nice start, welcome to the forums.

Please make sure you read the forum rules if you haven’t done so already and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Wolf Master
    Participant

Nice, Ra is cool, i like the sun coming from behind his head.

Yin
    Participant

Thanks JR & Wolf glad you like them 🙂

Yin
    Participant

This is the God Kahnum

Khnum was a creator god, and a god of the inundation(The yearly flooding of the Nile River.)
    Since the annual flooding of the Nile brought with it silt and clay, and its water brought life to its surroundings, he was thought to be the creator of the bodies of human children, which he made at a potter’s wheel, from clay, and placed in their mothers’ wombs.

he had the titles Divine Potter and Lord of created things from himself

Attachments:

Yin
    Participant

This is the Goddess Bastet

Bastet was the Goddess of cats & protection(sometimes known as the “cat of Ra”).
    She was one of the daughters of the sun god, Ra and is associated with Ra’s instrument of vengeance, the sun-god’s eye. She was the goddess of warfare in Lower Egypt, the Nile River delta region, before the unification of the cultures of ancient Egypt. The two uniting cultures had deities that shared similar roles and usually the same imagery. In Upper Egypt, Sekhmet was the parallel warrior lioness deity to Bast

Bastet was the protector of The God Ra earning her the titles of Lady of Flame and Eye of Ra.

Ra has four daughters, Ma’at & Bastet are mostly drew without his sun disk but his two other daughters Sekhmet & Hathor are always drew with it. I have found no answer to why this is, if somebody knows why pleas let me know

Attachments:

Yin
    Participant

This is the Goddess Hathor

Hathor was a protective goddess. She was also the goddess of love and joy. She was one of the daughters of the sun god, Ra. She was one of the most important and popular deities throughout the history of Ancient Egypt.

When Ra was without Hathor, he fell into a state of deep depression

Attachments:

Yin
    Participant

This is the Goddess Sekhmet

Sekhmet was the goddess of war, fire, & vengeance

The fiercest hunter known to the Egyptians. She was one of the daughters of the sun god, Ra.  It was said that her breath formed the desert.  In one myth, Sekhmet was so filled with rage that Ra was forced to turn her into a cow so that she would not cause unnecessary harm.

Update – I figured that if I make Bastet more human I should also make Sekhmet more human

Attachments:

Yin
    Participant

The God Ra and his daughters
    L-R (Bastet, Sekhmet, Ra, Hathor, Ma’at)

Attachments:

Yin
    Participant

This is the God Anubis

Anubis was the god of embalming and the dead.
    He was the god who helped to embalm Osiris after he was killed by Seth. Thus, Anubis was the god who watched over the process of mummifying people when they died.

Priests often wore a mask of Anubis during mummification ceremonies.

Anubis was replaced by Osiris in his role as Lord of the underworld. One of his prominent roles was as a god who ushered souls into the afterlife.

Despite being one of the most ancient and “one of the most frequently depicted and mentioned gods” in the Egyptian pantheon, however, Anubis played almost no role in Egyptian myths.

Attachments:

Yin
    Participant

This is the God Osiris

Osiris was the god of the dead, and ruler of the underworld.
    He was classically depicted as a green-skinned man with a pharaoh’s beard, partially mummy-wrapped at the legs, wearing a distinctive crown with two large ostrich feathers at either side, and holding a symbolic crook and flail.

He was at times considered the oldest son of the earth god Geb, and the sky goddess Nut, as well as being brother and husband of Isis, with Horus being considered his posthumously begotten son.

Osiris was widely worshipped as Lord of the Dead until the suppression of the Egyptian religion during the rise of Christianity in the Roman Empire.

Attachments:

Maaz
    Participant

Damn, I love mythology. Cool interpretation of the Egyptian deities!
    Would love to see Set and Horus!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.