Gargantua’s ideas

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Gargantua’s ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 191 total)
  • Author

Gargantua
    Participant

buter2-1.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

Oh wow. That is incredible.

RobM
    Participant

That
    Is
    Awesome

Trekkie
    Participant

Wow!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Amazing, except… I believe her hands are backward? Thumbs should be facing toward her.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Really beautiful. But yeah…the hand is awkward. But other than that, it’s brilliant.

Trekkie
    Participant

@The Atomic Punk said:

Amazing, except… I believe her hands are backward? Thumbs should be facing toward her.

Must you ruin everything Atomic?! :P

Gargantua
    Participant

Damn it. How i could miss this………..fix

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@Trekkie said:

@The Atomic Punk said:

Must you ruin everything Atomic?! http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

Read my .signature. Wink

I wish I could figure out Gargantua’s use of gray-scale. The contrasts fit so well.

Nug
    Participant

Looks much better now! That’s too awesome!

Gargantua
    Participant

Hands thing was surprise for me because i use to pay a lot of attention to this particular thing. I grateful to Atomic Punk for pointing this.

@The Atomic Punk said:I wish I could figure out Gargantua’s use of gray-scale. The contrasts fit so well.

I used to use gray-scale because i am color blind (not litterally). Also in gray-scale you have a lot shades without making your own.
    As for use of gray-scale I have few rules. Generaly you have to decide general shade for whole picture and color every large obiect in shades around one you choose (5 – 6 darker and brighter). Other shades may and even should be use for small elements to emphasize details. It is also important to make contrast between all adjacent objects especially body and cloths . Shadows on body and cloths usually shoud not be to much darker them rest of obiect. I also avoid using six darkest colors because they make lines difficult to see.

Trekkie
    Participant

@Gargantua said:

I used to use gray-scale because i am color blind (not litterally). Also in gray-scale you have a lot shades without making your own.
    As for use of gray-scale I have few rules. Generaly you have to decide general shade for whole picture and color every large obiect in shades around one you choose (5 – 6 darker and brighter). Other shades may and even should be use for small elements to emphasize details. It is also important to make contrast between all adjacent objects especially body and cloths . Shadows on body and cloths usually shoud not be to much darker them rest of obiect. I also avoid using six darkest colors because they make lines difficult to see.

Ooh, this is helpful! Next time I try using greyscale I’ll try it.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Really, really well done! The pose is excellent as well as the design. Love it!

Myro
    Participant

@Gargantua said:

Yeah, I’ve got some slight color blindness as well. I remember my color choices would sometimes not work well for others back when I was Heromachining.

Gargantua
    Participant

Water magichttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/gargantua/2013/07/hm3-beta.png

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.