Exporting

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

tinker
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I have been around here about a year ago and returned just a few days for more fantasy-making.
    Anyways, I was trying to export one of my characters but it pretty much messed the alignment of everything just before creating the final image file. Mainly, it moved everything up and created like a half a picture, half a white page.
    Happened to me now for like 4 times and also whenever I load, even if I save it re-aligned and then load.
    Help would be much appreciated.
    The .txt file of what I was trying to make is attached here, perhaps you can find out the problem from there.

Download Knightonhorse.txt

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Strange, I don’t think I’ve ever had that problem. I’d like to see the text, but it looks like you forgot to attach it properly. Could you try again?

tinker
    Participant

Sure, hold on a sec..

tinker
    Participant

There, done. Please help me, or at least, if you can’t, export it for me so I can have it! I’ve wasted hours on getting her to sit somewhat properly on that horse…

JR19759
    Keymaster

Ok, I think what the problem is, is the program doesn’t like it when you try to export something where you’ve used ‘move all’ to get things into position (it’s happened to me a couple of times). It is a fairly easy fix, what you do is you move the character by the part groups (body, head, patterns, setting, foot). I’ve tried it on your file and it exported and reloaded fine after I’d moved everything using that method.
    Hope this helps

Hammerknight
    Participant

If you are just wanting to save your character there are other ways to get around exporting it. If you have Windows7 you can use the snipping tool, if not you can use print screen and paste to Paint then save, you can paste to Paint.net also. Just remember if you use the move all button and open your character in wide screen, you character may move when you switch back to regular view. It is good to save your text before you try to export just in case your character moves. I don’t use the export tool unless I am wanting to save the file in different sizes, there is a very big difference in the character sizes when you do this(but it is a nice way to resize your characters because proportions do not change this way).

Hammerknight
    Participant

Here is an example.Comparison-chart-for-exporting2.png

Nug
    Participant

I do the (ctrl)(prtscn) and copy into paint thing hammer is talking about.

tinker
    Participant

Hammerknight and Nug, problem is I save my creations always in 1600×2400 for future use, and snipping/printscreening just allows me to save it in a very low resolution. JR, your solution doesn’t work, sometimes when I move in categories it moves other items too and it messes up everything. -_-

JR19759
    Keymaster

Some of the categories do overlap (neckwear being in both head and body for example), but I managed to get it to work on the piece in question without it messing everything up, so you either need to have more patience and figure out why it isn’t working for you or try different categories.

tinker
    Participant

Yessss, got it eventually! Thanks a bunch guys!
    Here’s the final pic, just for you to know what was all the hassle about (Though you probably already know as I have given you the text):

KnightessEdit.png

Nug
    Participant

Nice mount! That’s not easy to pull off. This i know. All those pieces… i bet you did about lose it when all your stuff was repositioned. I had this same problem before. I ended up having to load a earlier save and redo about a third of the piece. Awesome job on this though!

tinker
    Participant

Hey thanks Nug! To be honest, I have been thinking of uploading my creations here… Perhaps I should start doing that.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.