DJuby Gallery – Volume 2

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery DJuby Gallery – Volume 2

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 898 total)
  • Author

Trekkie
    Participant

That’s some seriously impressive hair!

djuby
    Participant

Thanks folks. Always been a huge fan of the utter impracticality of 18th century women’s hair styles.

djuby
    Participant

Thanks Myro.

djuby
    Participant

Thinking of moving over to DeviantArt or Tumblr. Pros? Cons?

JR19759
    Keymaster

DeviantArt is pretty good, there’s a few of us over there (myself, Kaldath, AMS, Vampyrist to name a few). In terms of uploading heromachine stuff on DvA, there aren’t any major problems, you aren’t going to get as many plaudits for your work over there as you are here, but it’s not a site dedicated to heromachine so that’s understandable. They have a favouriting system, which the forums don’t have, so you can keep tabs on art you like. Oh and I run a heromachine group over there as well (not a shameless plug for the group in any way shape or form). However, one thing I would say against DeviantArt, is that I actually prefer it here. I only really use DeviantArt for looking at other art and I only very rarely upload over there (which is ironic considering how much I used to upload when I joined), mostly because it’s more fun to upload here. There isn’t as much of a rapport over on DvA, because, of course, there’s so many people doing some many different art styles, most people don’t care about what you’re doing. At least here people will comment and you can chat with them about your work or their work and they’ll actually be interested/ reply.
    I’ve never used tumblr as an actual user, I just browse certain threads of artists I follow on DvA, so I can’t really comment on that, but I’d say you should join DvA, if just so I can go on a fave-spamming spree.

CantDraw
    Participant

I’m with JR, we’d love to have you on Deviant. I like seeing how many people look at my stuff. Also, I get a lot of ideas from there. Almost forgot, the other advantage to Deviant is that you can post fan-art, which can’t be done here.

djuby
    Participant

@CantDraw said:

I’m with JR, we’d love to have you on Deviant. I like seeing how many people look at my stuff. Also, I get a lot of ideas from there. Almost forgot, the other advantage to Deviant is that you can post fan-art, which can’t be done here.

Good point on the fan art thing!

djuby
    Participant

Wow the ad service on this page is fast. I just logged in and the shoes I just ordered showed up in a side panel. Impressive, if perhaps slightly creepy.

djuby
    Participant

Just checked out Deviant Art and it turns out I already have an account. I opened it to post my very first entry into a HM contest like 2 years ago. Would love to try some fan art. Admittedly that’s what I started doing on HM initially.

djuby
    Participant

Attempting to post to the new forums. CCD Cyborg entry.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mad Jack
    Participant

Another wonderful artwork. Too bad you ain’t gonna contribute to this years Creators Club Poster – your entry surely would have upgraded the whole thing. 😉

djuby
    Participant

I’ll see if I can pull something together next weekend.

Viper
    Participant

Wow that’s freakin awesome!!!

djuby
    Participant

Thanks.

ams
    Participant

Great to see you back creating masterpieces again. Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 898 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.