Community Effort Idea

Home Forums The Pub Community Effort Idea

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 215 total)
  • Author

prswirve
    Participant

yeah we could do this!

Iscarioto
    Participant

Once again, instead of doing what I said I’d do, I decided to write again. Sorry guys.

Hey so if we aren’t having much luck in working on frames how about we post a request in the competition board, linking them to this thread and the story, and posting the story boarding you’ve done JR and see if people want to contribute?

JR19759
    Keymaster

Sounds like a plan to me.
    Can you guys hold off adding anymore to the third chapter for a bit. Me and Mr Of Limbo are working on something that’s meant to fit in with the second chapter and it’s taking a bit longer than anticipated. Not that I think there’s anyone else to add stuff, Everyone seems to have congregated in one part now.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Just seeing all of this for the first time, after prs suggested. He and a couple of people like my story writing so I’d definitely love to contribute, after I read through everything and play catchup. My art is not up to the level of you guys, but I’m still learning.

Iscarioto
    Participant

I’d disagree, while some of us have been using this a lot longer than you, you’ve still got some impresive skills, and a lot of the art you’ve put up is outside of the box.

And in any case, always good to have more writers. Welcome aboard!

prswirve
    Participant

Glad youve finally gotten here wmd!

what took u so long man? we need ur art and sick writing skills!

Iscarioto
    Participant

So this is how I picture the Leader of Ascension. Figured he’d need an attachment to cover the chin, for, you know, press conferences etc.

Reunification.png

JR19759
    Keymaster

Holy (many expletives), that is incredible.

prswirve
    Participant

Thats sick man!J

Vampyrist
    Participant

He’s awesome

Trekkie
    Participant

Bloody hell, that’s fantastic!

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

OK, guys, it took awhile. Busy learning new material for the 2 bands I play in and reading a script for a play that I was asked about doing the music for. Here’s my character that I think might fit into this pretty well. I made a civillian version of her last night, but had problems logging in. Anyway, here’s Miss X, with her original backstory. Maybe her reason for being in HK could be to investiate Empty Vessel for The Organization she is a member of, or she could be there following up on suspicions she had on The Org., which evolved into Ascension. Whatever you guys thinks works best. Still reading the story and playing catchup, but, man, oh man, what a start! And finally, Iscarioto, you’re being way too kind, though I appreciate it. My art is way below you guys; at best I’ll say of myself I have good ideas but don’t know how to present them. So on that note, I’m totally open to anyone grabbing any of my characters to reinterpret, enhance or improve upon. Former US Army Special Forces, NYPD detective, FBI and Secret Service agent, CIA operative, trained in counter-terrorism measures by all of the former agencies and Mossad. Mastered Northern and Southern Styles of Shao Lin kung fu and several secret styles in China as well as kendo and ninjitsu in Okinawa. Accomplished street fighter raised in the East New York section of Brooklyn, NY. After humiliating the city’s champion hero in a highly publicized street fight, which he would much rather forget, Rebecca Lee came under the notice of the Organization. The NGO (Non Governmental Organization), is the world wide agency responsible for policing all meta-human, mutant and extra-terrestrial activities. Known by the code name Miss X, she is one of the very few non super powered members, beside administrative staff, and the only member that many super humans, both hero and villain, have openly admitted they would not want to go up against. She has been offered enhancement treatments by the Organization but has refused, saying that due to her years of various training she’s enhanced enough. Besides her martial arts expertise, she is a highly skilled marksmen with all forms of firearms. Her preferences are her twin customized 9mm handguns with specialized ammo for invulnerable types, her fast action riot shotgun, also with enhanced ammo and her samurai sword, which was gifted to her from her kendo master, after defeating him as her final test. She is the only student to have done so. These weapons are carried by her constantly. She has considered the enhancements, but is still secretly leery of the Organization’s true intentions.
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/03/MISS-X-1.pnghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/03/CIVI-MISS-X-1.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Jumping in here with the thoughts as I read things, so forgive me if it was already covered. Regarding JR’s idea of a painkiller system for the cyborgs, how about something like a permanent implant which kills pain signals to the brain. Ever read Marshal Law? That was pretty much the idea behind the super soldier creation, which after the war lead to all these hyper-enhanced heros & villains. Guys who went power crazy for good or evil because they couldn’t feel pain. The catch there was that not all of those guys were invulnerable; they just didn’t feel anything. So when they got f’ed up it was pretty nasty. In those stories it was called a pain gate, I think. I lost my books so I don’t have the reference here, but for the sake of avoiding copyright conflicts, we need to know what to call this thing. I’m going to keep reading because I really want to get on board here!

prswirve
    Participant

That’s a great idea WMD. While driving i was thinking about Ascension and the thought struck me. Why not Ascension just nuke the whole damn place instead of spending too much on trainings and creation of those supersoldier cyborgs?

BTw WMD, here are the stories link http://www.heromachine.com/forum/the-writers-room/ascension-a-community-development/#p21982 and you might wanna add to it as long as it suits you.

JR19759
    Keymaster

I think I can field these questions. WMD, Ascension are in a state of constant enhancement, so the permanent implant could be a future development. Also, I personally think it would be better if you went for the second story idea, she used to work for Ascension but left for one reason or another. This could explain why she has been absent up to this point, but it is up to you.

prs, why should they want to nuke the whole place? That is counter productive in any warfare situation unless you are planning on complete annihilation. Ascension aren’t after the land only, they’re after the people as well, and you can’t really get hold of the people if they are dead.

It would probably help out people to add me on Facebook, me, Iscarioto and Alex of Limbo have been brainstorming major plot developments and it would probably help people out if they are wondering about stuff like that. PM me and I’ll send you a link.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 215 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.