Blastmasterism's SBW Characters:

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Blastmasterism's SBW Characters:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hey guys, decided to make a thread and showcase my work.

I’ve been using this tool as a way to design and create the characters for my personal writing project, a multi-genre supernatural/superhero story called Savage Beautiful Worlds. I’ll keep updating the thread as I make more characters. I hope you guys enjoy what I have so far!

So lets start with the primary character:

Dakota Hartigan/Diamondfire is a community leader who idolizes the stories of gods and other worlds told to him by his father, and hopes to one day be a hero like them. His chance comes when a group of starving, half-dead people wind up in front of his doorstep, but he slowly starts to realize heroism isn’t as easy as he thought.

DiamondFire has no special powers of his own, but channels them from five ancient gods. Depending on the god, he can manipulate fire, weather, ice, earth, wind, or water.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Michael Chiarcos
    Participant

Blast,

When I see a new artist asking for feedback I tend not to mince words, so please don’t take anything personally. I myself have very little artistic talent, which is why I focus mainly on execution and detail. If you are using these images just to flesh out your ideas for your story, then they are quite good. If you want to push the limit, there are a few technical issues you should address. I tend to prefer people to inform me of my mistakes rather than just pass them by because they don’t want to hurt my feelings.
    Try experimenting with the transform page where you can adjust the size, shape and orientation of the items, the placement of his jeans allows his knees to show through from behind.
    Are his fists supposed to be resting on his hips or his butt? Use layering to bring them forward.
    Style is style, you can’t argue it, but for my tastes I find his chest armor and shoulders too cluttered.
    The colour choice on the giant tattoo behind him that is enlarged to look like an aura gets lost in the planetary background as does his sword.
    All in all a very good image.

You might be familiar with the phrase K.I.S.S. – Keep It Superbly Simple. In some cases when you want to draw attention to a feature, less is more.

A few Old Ideas, a Few New Ideas

These are some of mine. I think you will see how even simplistic as they are, the colours work to enhance, not hide and the layering is key. My amazon’s face is a generic face that I overlayed with other pieces to allow me to change what I wanted.

Malachi

Hi, Michael, thanks for your feedback. I’ll keep your advice and the K.I.S.S phrase in mind.

Emmeranne Grace/Clipped Wing. A crippled vampire and exiled princess.

Attachments:

Emmie again.

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.