Aleczander’s first art series.

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Aleczander’s first art series.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Race Name: Sangspur (San’pur)
    Skin Color: Pale, blanche
    Common Facial Hair: None
    Common Hair: White, gray, blond(e)
    Common Eye color and hair color: pink, red, purple, white – rarest, green… the bloods of nobles
    Common clothing type: tunics, cloaks, light clothing that covers the whole body to protect them from the sun
    Race Unique Abilities: resistant to poisons and disease; healers and hospitalers; able to heal by transferring ailments and wounds to themselves; the process requires a Sangspur to recover from the amount absorbed

Race Unique Physicalities: the skin of a Sangspur is prized for aphrodisiacs; organs are also used in alchemy and rituals; their yellow blood is an ingredient for elixirs of speed and alertness; red blood for strength and speed; their third blood, blue, for healing potions and youth serum; dual six-chambered hearts increase their vitality and survivability

A little Background(optional): The Sangspur are a reserved, quiet race who would have preferred to be left alone. Unfortunately, the outside world found them. Their physique is lithe and seemingly delicate. Despite appearances, they are durable, agile, and spry. Which is still not enough to fend off those who want to harvest them for magics or enslave them. For their own protection, the Sangspur have assumed roles as food-tasters and healers among royalty and those who can afford their services. To have a Sangspur in his employ is a symbol of a monarch’s wealth and prestige.

As well as being physicians, Sangspur are confidants. They profess not to influence but only advise. Yet their hushed words hold sway over empires and kingdoms. They are not a malicious people but will work circumstances to favor their own ends. Sangspur prefer to work for strong and absolute rulers as they offer the best protection with little ambiguity. Their favorite employers are dragons and dragonkin for obvious reasons of wealth and power.

To encounter a Sangspur outside of a castle is a troubling sign. They are rarely seen without their masters. Which means that a king (or dragon!) is often near. A reasonable conclusion is that a Sangspur is accompanying an expedition or full campaign. Perhaps a war spurned by the Sangspur’s own words.

Aleczander
    Participant

@Zerogarth said:

Its not like I own the thing, lol, in fact someone else did all the parts so I take no credit… and Saeron its different enough : P (though I liked the image of Zerogarth being bound to the gods in some way) …about Mordak, cool concept, but I think he should be a little more godlike (yeah, like the word, lol) I mean, he seems more like an individual of certian race than a god… just a thought!
    …hey, and what u think of the race profile I posted : )? (even if you don’t like the idea, would you create one just to compare it with the image of it that I have my mind? hehe)

Of course.
    undo1.jpg
    undo2.jpg

Zerogarth

hehe cool! just what I imagined when I said that “some are more humanlike due to their mixing with humans, but always have reminiscents of these characteristics” …and was thinking ’bout giving his hair a silver color when having more magical power (like the eyes turning white) I liked the results! : P good work!

Aleczander
    Participant

@Zerogarth said:

hehe cool! just what I imagined when I said that “some are more humanlike due to their mixing with humans, but always have reminiscents of these characteristics” …and was thinking ’bout giving his hair a silver color when having more magical power (like the eyes turning white) I liked the results! : P good work!

Thank you! 😀 I also re-designed Mordak.

I really like the tattoo and that energy effect is all kinds of awesome.

Aleczander
    Participant

Hey guys, sorry I haven’t made any updates in almost a year, I’ve been in inpatient and I’m finally out, and hoping to kick back up some more characters for you guys.

Herr D
    Participant

Welcome back. Your Shadow Drinker is an interesting concept. Didn’t know you were ill–glad you’re better at least.

Masking isn’t the only way to make an arrow look like it’s not just behind the hand (your centaur.) You might also try overlaying a rectangle (Insignia / Tech) on the palm of the hand to ‘extend’ the shaft of the arrow to the edge of the fingers. Takes practice to get it cinched up tight without going over.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.