Advertisement won’t go away

Home Forums HeroMachine Application & Forum Support Advertisement won’t go away

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Arcanica

I’m trying to use HeroMachine like always, but there’s an advertisement for some contest stuck on the bottom left corner of the application. It’s uh… kinda in the way. Is there any way I can make it go away?

Kaldath
    Keymaster

Hmm, I m on the Heromachine app now and do not see the ad you are talking about. I see the normal ad in the upper right hand corner and I see 3 ads below the app not nothing in the left corn of the app itself. Can you take a screen shoot and post it here please ? In the mean time I’d suggest zooming in and zooming out with your browsers zoom function to see if that effects ad placement for you.

Hammerknight
    Participant

Here is a screen shot of the ad. It is on the standard HM3.ad.JPG

Kaldath
    Keymaster

hmmm, Strange, When I go to the page, that add is located underneath the app and not in my way at all. Did you report this to Jeff HK, or do you need me too?

Nug
    Participant

Hmmm I see it in the top right also… This seems to be a problem specific to you. You may want to clear your cache and cookies to see if that helps. BE WARNED!!! Doing such will result in a loss of all your saved characters. So save the text files of anything you want to keep before you do so.

Hammerknight
    Participant

No I didn’t tell Jeff, I got tied up with something else. If you let him know it would be great.

AFDStudios
    Keymaster

Hey guys, sorry about that — it should be fixed as of last night.

The fundamental issue is that the “Custom artwork” ad is just an image with an anchor link around it to make it clickable. It’s not technically an ad, so any Ad Blocking software you use doesn’t remove it automatically. However, the in-app ad DOES get blocked and removed, which moves up the entire block the custom artwork image is in so that it now is 250 pixels higher than it ought to be.

The solution I put in place last night was basically to layer the image ad underneath the layer the app is on. That way, even if the top ad is blocked, moving the image ad way up, it gets layered below so you can still use the app.

TL;DR> If you had an ad blocker running you’d get this problem, but now it should be fixed.

Hammerknight
    Participant

Thank you sir.

Vengeance
    Participant

having a problem with an add popping up on Hero machine 3 ( only)it is across lower part of screen and blocks control panel

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.