Reply To: G. W.'s New Superverse

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery G. W.'s New Superverse Reply To: G. W.'s New Superverse

G. W.
Participant

Okay, I freely admit that this character is kind of a Rocketeer ripoff, at least in design.

Well, technically, I got the idea from one of various golden age costumes featured in a recent CDC entry. It had a seemingly Rocketeer-inspired aesthetic (though I could be wrong) and it made me realize that my universe has two problems (well, it has a lot of problems, but it only made me think of two of them):

1. Not enough golden/silver age characters. I always hate it when universes have 99% of their super-powered characters show up in the 21st century, when that makes no sense. Heck, I’ll probably try making some characters who fought crime before the 20th Century, because that just makes sense to me. My next several pieces will probable be characters who existed in the 1960s or earlier.

2. Not enough tech powered characters. I also realized that very few of my characters fought crime with technology.

Thus, I decided to create a golden age character powered by technology.

Presenting: The man of the future.

Charles Futuri was going to be just an ordinary air force pilot during World War 2. Then, in mid-1941, he was placed in a special government program dedicated to creating a flying man. Although the U.S. didn’t enter the war until December of 1941, they did secretly authorize the program just in case. They had already built the jetpack, they just needed a test subject. Thus, he became the world’s first flying man to not have superpowers.

He adjusts the power of the jet pack using the button on his belt, and he steers simply by moving. He does carry two specially designed guns that shoot out small bursts of energy, manufactured by the government using alien technology, but they are not pictured because I forgot to give him weapons, so let’s just say that this was in the early phases of testing.

Though he was not a founding member, he did become an All-Star when the team was recruited by the military to fight the Nazis. In fact, the military tried to prop him up as being the team leader, although he himself never pretended to be, and was very vocal that the true leader was the Warrior.

The program shut down after the war, because it only took one man for them to realize the project’s impracticality, but Futuri was allowed to keep the tech. He put away the jetpack in the late ’40s, although he continued using the pistols to fight crime on the streets of Pine city, now under the name of Blaster. He retired from crime-fighting in 1954, when the anti-superhero sentiment reached its peak. He died in a plane accident just one year later. His jacket, jetpack and twin blasters are on display in the Smithsonian Museum of American History.

I’ll probably make some more historical characters soon to develop the history of my universe.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.