The premise of this contest is that over the next number of weeks we will build a team of superheroes and a team of villains. Each week I will supply you with a role, name, or list of powers of one of the team members and you will use HM3 to create the character.
This week we tackle the villain’s leader. Maniac Maxine
Real Name: Dr. Maxine Grant
Planet of origin: Earth
Powers: Extreme intelligence, twisted sense of humor.
Weapons: carries “The Disruptor”, a gun which disrupts synaptic activity in the victim and causes psychotropic hallucinations.
The winning entrant will receive my HM3 version of who I imagine lives in this terrifying home .
The characters must be your own design and not based on any character that might be copyrighted in any way.
Rules for posts, contests, and challenges:
Original characters only, no copyrighted characters, no characters based on copyrighted characters.No characters based on Official RPG NPC's ( Non-Player Characters ). Please keep all submissions PG13. I have the right to delete any post that I believe crosses this line without warning. Only post characters that have been created solely using Hero Machine, and that you know for certain have never been entered in a contest before. If you aren’t certain, don’t enter it, because I’m not going to go back through all of the contests and check.
All entries must be in JPG or PNG form (BMPs are too big), posted to a publicly accessible website (like the HeroMachine :,ImageShack, Deviant Art, or whatever); Do NOT use Photobucket
• Entries must be made as a comment or comments to this post, containing a link directly to the image and the character name;
• Please name your filesas [your name]-[character name].[file extension] before you upload it. So DiCicatriz, for instance, would save his “Bayou Belle” character image as DiCicatriz-BayouBelle.png.
Please make the link go directly to the image (like this) and not to a hosting jump page (like this).
This contest will close on Sunday, November 22nd at 6:00pm Eastern
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
ngl, this makes me think of an evil psychiatrist.
I tried to mix a Bond femme fatale with a bit of Harley Quinn.
Here’s my Maniac Maxine:
here is my attempt at a cross of tank girl and the scarecrow
Went for a mad scientist like look for this one 🙂
Here is my version of Maniac Maxine:
Before embarking on her life of crime, Dr. Maxine Grant worked for a weapons manufacturer, where she developed The Disruptor. She felt it was her magnum opus, but her boss told her that it was inhumane and that she was a monster for creating it. He had never appreciated her genius and had treated her as an inferior, so she used it on him as her first act of supervillainy. The experience was too much for his mind to handle, and he died with a contorted look on his face and his eyes wide open. She has kept a picture of his agonized face emblazoned on her chest ever since to serve as a reminder that she should never be crossed. While on missions, she keeps a mobile phone handy to take selfies with victims of The Disruptor as they writhe in agony. Damage to her left arm in an early battle caused her to graft The Disruptor to her arm.
I felt that giving her heterochromia in addition to the face paint and bright red hair would make her seem a little more unhinged. It should be noted that I personally do not believe that these characteristics are associated with villainy/evil, so I am not intending to cause offense here.
ok, um for some reason now I can’t see the entries, though on this page it it says “6 comments” some help plz