On May 21st, 1819, 1819 - Bicycles were first seen in the U.S. in New York City. They were originally known as "swift walkers."
Your Pop Quiz challenge is to re-imagine this revolutionary mode of transportation as it might have looked in an alternative period in history. And just to be clear, the future is not a period in history. Maybe a caveman’s or a Pharaoh’s wheels intrigue you. Or perhaps Henry VIII’s bicycle is more your style.
You only get one entry so be creative, and above all else, have fun!
The winning entry will receive a custom costume/uniform design for the bicycle's rider by yours truly. Not a remarkable prize, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
All entries must be in JPG or PNG form (BMPs are too big), posted to a publicly accessible website (like the HeroMachine :,ImageShack, PhotoBucket, or whatever);
- Entries must be made as a comment or comments to this post, containing a link directly to the image and the character name;
- The image must be new and designed specifically for the Pop Quiz;
- No copyrighted characters please – they will be deleted.
- Please name your filesas [your name]-[character name].[file extension] before you upload it. So DiCicatriz, for instance, would save his “Bayou Belle” character image as DiCicatriz-BayouBelle.png.
- Please make the link go directly to the image(like this) and not to a hosting jump page (like this). See this post on how to get the direct link for most sites.
This contest will close at 6pm Eastern on Sunday, May 22nd.
Adam & Eve did not actually find the Tree of Mechanisms.
An early Japanese rickshaw bike
Times up! Winner posted shortly.