On this day in 1698, Russia’s Peter the Great imposed a tax on beards.
Your Pop Quiz challenge this time around is to create a beard that would have cost a fortune in rubles to maintain.
There is no prize. There is no poll. The winner is chosen by me.
You only get one entry so be creative, and above all else, have fun!
All entries must be in JPG or PNG form (BMPs are too big), posted to a publicly accessible website (like the HeroMachine forums,ImageShack, PhotoBucket, or whatever);
- Entries must be made as a comment or comments to this post, containing a link directly to the image and the character name;
- The image must be new and designed specifically for the Pop Quiz;
- No copyrighted characters please – they will be deleted.
- Please name your filesas [your name]-[character name].[file extension] before you upload it. So DiCicatriz, for instance, would save his “Bayou Belle” character image as DiCicatriz-BayouBelle.png.
- Please make the link go directly to the image(like this) and not to a hosting jump page (like this). See this post on how to get the direct link for most sites.
This contest will close at 9pm Eastern on Sunday, September 6th.
Is it just the beard, or a character with a beard?
Can be just a beard, a beard on a head, a bearded character…whatever…but the only thing being judged is the beard design.
Not only elaborate … but functional. 🙂
Rutherford won the beard-growing contest and almost won the right to sponsor Jack Shellac. “But He Plays Badly.”
Challenge closed. Winner will be announced Monday morning.