As promised, this weeks quiz is on everyones favourite Japanese export (tied possibly with their video games, but way ahead of Sushi). Now, considering how broad a topic this is (much like last week), I haven't been able to come up with only 10 questions. However, I'm not going to do a two part quiz again, I've got a few other plans, so instead I've added 5 questions, so there's 20 points between 15 questions and even then there's a metric ton of anime's I've missed out. Maybe at a later date we'll do another quiz on this topic, depending on how people do on this one. Anyway, for next week's quiz I'm gonna give you guys the choice. Would you rather have a quiz on the X-Men or Doctor Who? Leave your vote with your scores in the comments below.
As I said, this week it's 15 questions with a total of 20 points to get. The answers will be below a jump from the post whilst on the main blog page, so if you don’t want to be spoiled, take a look at the questions on the blog first. And obviously Don’t Post Answers In The Comments.
1. Who is the captain of the Starship Bebop in Cowboy bebop? (1)
2. How many forms does Frieza have? (1)
3. Which of these series is the longest running? (1)
a) Dragon Ball Z b) One Piece
c) Naruto Shippuden d) Bleach
Bonus: Which is the shortest running? (1)
4. What causes Ranma's transformations in Ranma 1/2? (1)
5. What move does Simon use to defeat Guame's Gember in Gurren Lagann? (1)
6.Who is the first of the Homunculii to fight Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood? (1)
Bonus: Who is the first Ed meets in the series? (1)
7. What is Sailor Moon's real name? (1)
8. Which of these partner Digimon is the odd one out? (1)
a) Agumon b) Biyomon
c) Gomamon d) Gatomon
9. What is the name of the parasite that inhabits Shinichi Izumi's hand in the series Parasyte? (1)
10. What year is Neon Genesis Evangelion set in? (1)
Bonus: When was the Second Impact? (1)
11. Who is the head of Public Security Seciton 9 in Ghost In The Shell? (1)
12. Which of these dark guilds from Fairy Tail is not a member of the Balam Alliance? (1)
a) Raven Tail b) Tartarous
c) Oracion Seis d) Grimoire Heart
Bonus: Who is its Guild Master? (1)
13. Who is the boss of the first floor of Sword Art Online? (1)
14. What is the name of the outer most wall in Attack On Titan? (1)
15. Which of these Studio Ghilbi films was released first? (1)
a) Spirited Away b) My Neighbour Totoro
c) Princess Mononoke d) Howl's Moving Castle
Bonus: What was the first film released by the studio? (1)
Kaitō ni tsuite wa, ika o iku
1. Jet Black
3. b) One Piece
Bonus: a) Dragon Ball Z
4. Being splashed with either cold or hot water
5. Giga Drill Break
7. Serena Tsukino (or Usagi Tsukino in the original Japanese version).
8. d) Gatomon (she is Champion level, whereas the others are all Rookie level)
11. Lieutenant Colonel Daisuke Aramaki
12. a) Raven Tail
Bonus: Ivan Dreyar
13. Illfang the Kolbold Lord
14. Wall Maria
15. b) My Neighbour Totoro
Bonus: Castle In the Sky
2 points, would’ve been three if that first question had’nt caught me out.
Oh and I vote Doctor X…no Who Men….no….oh I don’t know, I’ll have an even chance on either, but maybe Doctor Who.
9 points (1, 2, 3 and bonus, 4, 7, 11, 14, and 15). Stupid thing is that I’ve been watching Gurrnen Lagenn recently, and I totally blanked on 5.
7 points for me. Like Myro, I totally blanked on names from anime I’ve recently watched. Maybe I’m bad with names…
Hey, I got two. Much better than I expected.