It's time for another new Caption Contest! Your challenge this week is to come up with the best caption for this comics panel:
This one is a little different in that you're not filling in a dialog balloon, but rather coming up with a caption that might appear above or below the image. I'll pick out some as my personal favorites to highlight in a post next Monday, and then I'll choose one of those to bear the standard as the "Featured Creator of the Week" atop the right tool bar.
All entries must be left as a comment (or comments) to this post. Keep ‘em clean (appropriate for a late-night broadcast TV show), but most importantly, keep ‘em funny!
No limit to entries, but please, self-edit and only put up ones you genuinely think are good!
When a mob boss tells you to get off his lawn, you listen.
You gotta mouse? We gotta solution.
Capone’s Pest Control. We do it the Chicago way.
And in a Rain of gunfire, Barney the dinosaur died. Parents everywhere rejoiced! In lighter news…
“When I Said,’Hit me with your best shot,’ I didn’t mean all of you!” Pat Benatar stated!
1: Ron Paul and his supporters storm the RNC.
2: Jesus and his apostles return with a vengeance!
3: Elliot Ness the Third closes down a Medical Marijuana Clinic.
4: Abortion doctors hire protection from Pro-Life fanatics.
I believe Skybandit has achieved the difficult quadfecta of hitting the third rails of religious, abortion, politics and drugs all in one comment. That’s gotta be a record of some sort!
1: And thus, the minions finally learned to attack all at once instead of one at a time.
2: The Republican Healthcare Plan
3: The Fiddler on the Roof is back. And he brought a whole Brass orchestra.
4: BREAKING NEWS: Gangsters open up roofing business, sabotage competing roofers.
Chim Chiminey Chim Chee Chim Shoot You!
1. When they put one of yours in the hospital, you put one of theirs in the morgue
2. Going down in a blaze of glory
3. They should’ve bought some girl scout cookies
4. Handling a political argument, the american way
5. When they heard Snooki was pregnant, they took action
6. dun dun dun, another one bites the dust….
No child will ever be trapped in here again, once we fill this old well with lead.
Hipster Dick Tracy made dub-step before it was cool.
1)Pew Pew, Pew Pew
2) This is for Sonny
1. It’s very important to have the same gun sound effect
2. Twiggy now regrets trying to ask the mob for a good caption to their picture
3. The mob never did trust automated security
4. Only one Mailman has been brave enough to deliver to the mob
5. The New Orleans mob decides to deal with Hurricane Isaac their own way
Mr. Corleone had tried to warn the young men that no, he did not indeed have a few minutes to talk about the lord. They failed to listen.
1. “If only those poor souls had heeded the ‘No Solicitors’ sign.”
Not sure if this will be accepted.
“That was the last Jahovahs witness to ever knock on the mobs door.”
“Need landscaping work? Try hiring the Corleone Landscaping company! They will make an offer you cant refuse!”
Not everybody loves a parade.
1.) This is WAY better than laser-tag!
2.)I dink dey gout our lab coatshhhhhhh and microschopesh wong in the deschign.
3.) *Every time the were suppose to fire a bullet a clown baby came out*It’s the Rebellion.
That is offensive because I live in Louisiana. >:I
2. “And that was the last time the Westboro Baptist Church ever protested at a funeral ever again.”
The PR campaign to show a “softer, gentler” mafia backfired when several goons accidentally shot in the wrong direction during the “We Love the Public” 21 gun salute.
4.) This makes me think “Frado, I knew it was you Frado,You b
-roke mah heart you broke mah heart
man 1: i think its dead
boss: who cares keep firing
and not a single fuck was given that day
1. Not everyone appreciated the Kenny G concert.
…And so a solution to the Jersey Shore cast was finally put into action.
5: Valentine’s Day in Chicago.
6: Indiana Jones fans finally corner George Lucas.
7: Occupy Wall Street turns violent!
“It was a very tough Christmas for Santa that year…”
Thanks to ‘Wrongway Larry’, the mob will be eating duck dinner after the shootout.
“We could of been anything that we wanted to be”
“Hip Hop is not Gangster, this is!”
“Eat your Fruit and Veg”
“This house is NOT for sale”
“It aint over untill the fat lady sings… now SING!”
“Happy Birthday, Mr President!”
“Who you gona call?”
Hey it’s the new “Rob Liefeld” welcoming committee….
1. “Pew, pew, pew!”
2. “Uncle Sam dont need you”
1) The Hand looked quite different during the Capone era.
2) And that’s why Chicago didn’t host the Olympics.
3) In the mob, a 21 gun salute happens BEFORE the burial.
“…and just as Rob Liefeld emerged from the New York Comic Con hotel…”
Just another day in the office.
And the debate over Do guns kill people, or do people kill people? goes on into it’s eleventh hour.
Oh the humanity! We’re being attacked by a barrage of cartoon sound effects!
so ends the short lived career of target man.
no squirrel getspast this wall.
8: Captain Picard works out his frustrations on the holodeck.
9: Military cutbacks force soldiers to wear their own suits.
10: The NRA gives out free bullet samples.
11: Teachers finally bring discipline back to the schools.
3) Ding dong, that Wicked Bitch is dead!
4) The Lollipop guild decided to stop being sweet!
5) Umpa Loompa’s won’t be giving any more advice!
1. Dick Tracy never found out what happened to “Crawls” McGee.
2. By the sudden light of the moon, the mob saw a thousand Target bags scattered all over the lawn!
3. Benny MEANT to say “Take out the TRASH PAST THE lawn . . .”
4. Why Mafia dons don’t EVER play the 1812 Overture at home.
5. They had stood guard too long. Those plastic flamingoes had to GO.
6.”Bricks” Gavini discovers that his disguise, as a walkway, has failed.
7. The hero suddenly realized being bulletproof did NOT mean being pain-free.
8. “Hey, you morons! I said ‘Jiminy,’ NOT G-men!
1. And I thay it’th Duck Season!
1. BLAMKAPOWBLAMBLAM didn’t stand a chance said onlooking RAT-A-TAT-TATS.
Second Amendment, F@%$ YEAH!
Al Capone: The Musical
Gangster on the Roof
For some: Guns. For others:Tap Dancing
Don Vito said to clean out the rain gutters, so…
– Just another morning in Chicago.
– The Don really hated that floor.
– This week, on a very special episode of Sesame Street…
– Extreme Paintball!
The world is made of LOVE AND PEACE!
1. Once the government loosened restrictions on firearms, hunting deer became much easier.
2. And thus, the great “Rat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat vs. Blam ka pow blam blam” debate continued
3. When Harvey Bullock became the new commissioner, things got a little meaner.
1. The mafia had never heard of the phrase ‘overkill’.
2. No matter how hard they tried, comic book writers couldn’t come up with convincing omatopoeias for machinegun fire.
”We had some extra ammo… and we like shooting”
… and that was the end of Bella.
… and that was the end of Edward.
12: The Papal Swiss Guard takes it job seriously.
13: The FBI shoots a dog at Ruby Ridge.
They were told to redecorate the town. They took it as an order to paint it red from the rooftops of every house in town. Things weren’t ever going to be the same.
1. This did not improve the reputation of the neighbourhood.
2. Afterwards, door-to-door salesmen left the Cosa Nostra alone.
3. Lead poisoning was the most common cause of death in the whole block
4. The rumor of an attempted hit on the Don’s life and a tragically ill-timed visit of cookie-selling girl scouts cause a horrible misunderstanding.
5. Superman sighed. What didn’t people understand about the nickname “Man of Steel”?
Next day, training began…
Not that I think it should be removed, because honestly I think it’s hilarious, but how come skybandit gets to make 4 political jokes, when my 1 well liked political joke gets deleated?
It’s just a judgment call. I didn’t think any of these were written to insult a particular group. Like if it were “DIE STUPID LIBERTARIANS” or whatever, that I would delete.
There’s not a very good hard and fast rule, other than just what I think is likely to cause a ruckus or that’s designed to be deliberately hurtful to someone.
3. “For a split second before the bullets pierced his flesh, “Big Mike” Scarmotti wished he had listened to Admiral Akbar’s warning before he left the house.”
6) The power Voldemort knew not, Tommy Guns!
7) Martha Stewart died today… and it’s a good thing!
8) …and then the guys heard that it was the last slice of pizza, and, well…
“Nobody noticed the incoming horde of rat Pokemon.”
(It’s about the “Rattata” noise at the top of the panel, if someone doesn’t get it immediately)
@ alphaalpharomeo: Don’t feel bad, buddy, I’ve had lotsa stuff removed by Jeff. Live ‘n’ learn.
@ Jeff: Virtually ALL humor involves somebody being hurt, even if it’s just their dignity, and even if it’s good natured and the victim laughs too.
Fellas. I said I was from FedEx not that I was a Fed!!!!
1. Meanwhile, at the Michigan all-state fishing championship…
2. If THIS doesn’t keep the Jehovah’s Witnesses away, I don’t know what will!
(I don’t know if that counts as offensive, to be honest.)
3. Al Capone’s attempt to drown out the noise of his neighbour’s stereo, while successful, might have been a little too much.
Holy guns and hats Batman
Thank you for understanding, I didn’t want to seem like I was being petty
In Gotham City, people don’t shoot into the air to celebrate New Years Eve, which has led to certain unfortunate incidents with tourists over the years.
It’s about time they ended the Twilight series
Ahhhhh Sicily 1908
It Looks Like they finally saw Madonna
Man Cameron Diaz’ body guards HATE the paparazzi! :I
[Removed by Jeff for targeting a specific group of voters for violence in an election season. Skybandit’s entries don’t really do that. ]
Oops, sorry. Didn’t mean to offend you or anyone.
6. The mob finds the “infinite ammo” cheat code. They make good use of it
7. The mobs Garage Sale only soled freshly used bullets
8. Neo is off-screen, stopping a tsunami of bullets
1. And that was the last time a pigeon sat on their roof.
2. Somehow, they all missed the victim.
3. They soon learned that the wind couldn’t be shot.
I can’t remember what I posted :I
Ohhhh Now I remember
1. When Rob Leifeld announced he was going to stay on as one of DC’s publishers, this is the “applause” he got in return…
2. When the “gangsters” refused to pull their pants up, the mob responded with this…
3. Who needs ADT home security when you got a F*****G MOB!!!
4. This school has a STRICT no-bully policy
And that’s when I found out everybody really was a critic.
1. Meanwhile, during a Rob Leifeld press conference….
2. When the Don says to have his daughter home by Nine on the dot, he MEANS it!!
3. This is what happens when you give Jeff a Tommy gun, unlimited ammo, and Leifelds home address.
1.they ain’t gonna pay his $1,000,000 bills.
2.’Cause he didn’t read the ‘DO NOT DISTURB’ sign…
3.That’s what they get for thinking THEY’RE gangsters.
“-get it, I got you to say what’s up dog?”
“In our last comic, Robin said: The Godfather sucks. And now, the thrilling conclusion.”
“-twelve mobsters shooting. Eleven snitches snitching…”
4.Why should you be afraid when you see somone in a fedora
and coat? THIS is excactly why.
5.This is why the poor guy went to the morgue:
Thanks for the entries, folks, results in a bit!
Die Duck Hunt Dog DIE!!!
Oops too late 🙁
“I told you WE DON’T WANT ANY!!!”