We had a ton of great entries for Caption Contest 120, featuring Batman with an M1 rifle:
So without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, here are your Finalists in more or less submission order:
- Kaito94: “Note to self: Buy silencer.”
- Bael: This is more fun than I thought it would be!
- Frankie: *Goodbye, bat-phone! No more roaming charges, no more unexpected fees.*
- Dan: Riddle me THIS, jackass.
- Joe: “Sorry Jason, but the readers voted."
- McKnight57: If you can dodge a batarang, you can dodge a bullet, Damian!
- chrisglend: “Little does Robin know, I’ve replaced my paintball gun with an actual rifle.”
- Gabe Puratekuta: “Hey, this is much more fun than all those silly gadgets!”
- Myro: “Holy crap, guns do this? Forget the utility belt!”"
- Corran Horn: “I don’t always use a gun, but when I do, I shoot to thrill.”
- Logan: Strangely, it was a violent Batman video game that turned me into a cold blooded killer.
- Skybandit: I like it, but how will I ever fit this thing on my utility belt?
- Skybandit: That’s the last contract I lose to Stark Enterprises!
- remy: This new Bat-shark-repellant works great!
- Skybandit: What was I thinking, telling a reporter my secret identity?
- Knighthawk: Step one, successfully shrink ‘Bullet-Man’ with ‘The Atom’s technology. Step two…
- Frankie: *Wonder Twin powers, DE-activate.*
- xavierking5: Don’t worry, Dent, I didn’t hit your good side.
- Kalontas: BLAM… M like Mystery… That means Riddler is on the loose!
And the winner is ... Dan!
Congratulations to him and thanks to everyone who entered.
Oh, wow! Ya know, I had a good feeling about this one. There was definitely some stiff competition, so I am really honored that my line was chosen! So, about the prize, I really have no idea what to ask for, so if it’s ok with Jeff, I’m open to suggestions. If there’s something that someone wants, and I like it, I’ll make that the prize. Otherwise I’ll just go with whatever’s next on the list.
Wait, what, I was a finalist in something?
And this makes the second something I was a finalist in
Sweet, I was a finalist! Too bad I didn’t win, but just being a finalist is good enough. Congrats, Dan!
Congrats on the win, Dan! It was indeed an epic classic, as far as lines go 🙂
Since you’re taking suggestions, how about an umbrella/parasol? I think there’s a folded one somewhere, but perhaps an open one would come in very handy, from steampunk promenade scenes to, um… Mary Poppins/The Penguin impersonators 😉
Or if that doesn’t strike your fancy, perhaps a hairstyle such as the one (stereo)typical of older men, with most of the head bald and only the sides of the head having some (white) hair left, usually forming a kind of crescent at the back of the head. There’s probably an actual name for that, but I forgot it. And, unless memory fails me, we don’t have it *ponders*
These are just my suggestions. You may or may not approve of them, but thanks for the opportunity anyway (coz it’ll be a while before I actually win any contest :D)
Congrats Dan. You could always just go with the next thing on the list. I don’t know what that would be, and if you would want it, but if you’re fresh out of ideas…
Thanks for the nod, Jeff. I felt good about that entry, so at least it was in the running.
Congrats, Dan! Why do I hear Michael Keaton when I read that? Then I hear Teri Garr (Caroline in “Mr. Mom”): “357… 358… whatever it takes.”
Good stuff! Congrats Dan!
A finalist on the first thing I posted on. Awesomeness.
Thanks to everyone for the nice words! I’m gonna give it ’til the end of the week, but it looks like I’ll be going with one of Ximero’s suggestions, since they were the only ones that I got.
S-weet. I’ll be looking forward to the weekend even more now 😀 Thanks either way.
Wow, I’m really supprised that no one other than Ximero gave me any suggestions. Well, your lose folks! So Ximero and Jeff, I think I’m gonna go with the umbrella, because I don’t know how well the haircut you asked for would work out. I believe want you wanted is usually refered to as the horseshoe, or “The Picard”, or if it’s longer it’s the skullet aka “The Hulk Hogan”
Open umbrella it is, thank you both!
No problem Jeff! Thanks for the win!
Oww, i’m so bad when it comes to keeping up with forum posts 🙁 I’d almost forgotten about this, and was pretty sure people would have vetoed my suggestion in the end 😀 And then, when i browsed back to check just in case, lo and behold! My umbrella! (*is in awe*)
So thanks so much, Jeff and Dan, for making this happen! Also to you, Dan, for reminding me of the names for those hairstyles (i kept wanting to call the ‘Picard’ a ‘light bulb’ :D)