She's been one of our most enthusiastic and prolific creators, as well as being a helpful commenter and community participant. Thus it gives me great honor to present a little more information about Kaylin88100!
- Online name used in HeroMachine environs: Kaylin88100
- A photo (or drawing) of you in "real life": None.
- Real name: Heather
- Real city/state/country: England/UK
- Real job: Secondary school (high school) pupil
- Real age: 14
- Gender: Female
- Relationship status (married, single, in a long-term relationship, dating someone, "it's complicated", etc): Single. And staying that way for at least 4 years.
- Online archive of your creations: http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/Kaylin88100/
- The best piece of HeroMachine art you've created:
- Favorite all-time geeky movie if any: Lord of the Rings.
- Favorite all-time geeky book if any: None given.
- Favorite all-time geeky TV show if any: Doctor Who. Bow tie + fez = AWESOME!
- Favorite all-time comic book character if any: I know some people are going to be cross, but I don't really have one as I don't read comics much. Terrible, I know.
- If you could have one super-heroic power in real life, you'd choose: The power to split into two or more clones, so one can be doing my homework and going to school, while another reads a book, another watches endless replays of Doctor Who, Merlin, Lord of the Rings and Star Wars, and another spends all her time on HeroMachine! That would be so cool! 🙂
- In your leisure time you like to: Read (a lot), go on HeroMachine and create characters, listen to music on Youtube, draw, play violin and piano, and go on random computer games. Oh yes, and at irregular intervals I go on Facebook.
- Character design turn-ons (things you love to see that make for a good design): If I look at something and I can't immediately see how it's been done or how I could replicate it. I like that as it means a lot of thought has gone into making it a work of art rather than just something to occupy ten minutes.
- Character design turn-offs (things you hate to see that make for a bad design): Little mistakes that could have been easily fixed, like hands being the wrong way round, etc. When I can see something I wouldn't have done or that ruins the picture, like having bright, eye-shattering colours that detract attention from the actual image.
- Best tip for a HeroMachine newbie: I've only recently stopped thinking of myself as a newbie, so I'm not really sure what to say for this. Just...don't be scared to post your creations on the forums, in Open Critique Days, and in contests. After all, what's the worst that can happen? We're all well behaved on here and won't just tell you it sucks (if it even does), we'll try and say how to make it better.
- Any personal message you'd like to share with the HeroMachine community about Geek Life: I want to share something that was on a wall poster in my primary school classroom four years ago. It's an acrostic poem about diversity.
I think this is a very good definition and the reason I want to share this is because I think it kind of sums up "Geek Life" in general, and the HeroMachine community in particular. The one unifying feature of HeroMachine users is the fact that we use HeroMachine. There are all different types and nationalities of people on here, and we all get along (most of the time). I think that's brilliant.
Kaylin88100, signing out.
Yay me! 😀
I don’t think I saw the book question, but I’d probably have said Lord of the Rings for that as well. I hate the ending of the last book, though.
yay you, and a Doctor Who fan to boot 🙂
@Kaylin 2: By ending do you mean the whole “Saruman takes over the Shire” thing? Because I never really liked that part either, and I was glad when they didn’t include it in the films. Also, congrats on the profile!
@Gero (4): Yes, I do mean that part. It just doesn’t really seem right to me. And thanks 🙂
@Watson Bradshaw (3): Are you a Doctor Who fan as well? Who was/is your favourite Doctor?
Yay! I’m not the youngest, but only barely.
Just re-read my comment #6 – the pun was NOT intended 😛 Oh well.
Congrats Kaylin88100 and welcome to the Club. I LOVE the image you selected for this profile, a very strong and powerful picture!
Congrats Kaylin, well-deserved.
Cool, someone else on here the same age as me! May I ask, north or south of England? I’m in the south.
Also, bow ties and fezzes are cool.
Gratulate for the power user status.
Congrats Kaylin88100. I love that image, is really beautyful.
@Trekkie (10): Thanks. I’m in the East Midlands – Lincolnshire.
Also, yes they are. As are stetsons.
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments 🙂 It still feels slightly unreal that I’m a “Power User”, and I don’t really know why I am, although I have a nasty feeling it’s something to do with 17 ENTRIES for ONE contest! 😀
(a.k.a. the reason for the Kaylin Limit)
Congrats Kaylin, you’ve got some great stuff lately. But is it just me, or are the Power Users getting younger and younger all the time? I guess I’ll just go back to yelling at those kids to get off my lawn.
Congrats Kaylin! Very much well-deserved! You’re doing a great job, sweetie! Oh and I love the image you put up. I was so impressed with that one!
Welcome to the club, it Is good to see more young Whovians in these here parts. That poem of yours is both perfect and so something that would be in a classroom, in fact I’m surprised I’ve never seen it before.
Your myriad of works are great and you have improved a lot in a short amount of time. My personal favorite doctor was either Tennant or the good ol’ grin and curls. Congrats!
Congrats, Kaylin. The Kaylin Limit, LOL. Sounds like a forbidding icy mountain range or something. 😀
Congratulations Kaylin88100! You are a big improvement over the 88000 series, that’s for sure. I really appreciate your joyful love of the HM and can’t wait to see your many entries in contests to come.
Congrats Kaylin! And damn you young’uns. Don’t you know it’s supposed to be all us bitter old men here? 😉
Well deserved. Really like your Virgo entry. Very radiant and pastel. Great use of the Stegosaurus too!
As for cloning… I’d probably wind up literally beating the snot out of myself more than usual. ;9
@The Atomic Punk (21): Stegosaurus? Where? I don’t think I’ve used it at all, ever :S
@Kaylin88100: This not yours?
@The Atomic Punk (23): Oh yeah, THAT one. I remember now. Yes, that is mine. It was fun to make 🙂
I think that Team Dino was for the Two Great Tastes contest – I was trying to see how many I could get in one 😀
Grats, grats, grats, grats…what it mean too many entrys?
Congrats, Kaylin! It’s good to know that I’m not the only teenaged girl here 🙂
Also, yes, Matt Smith is a cool guy, and I love the bowties, but I am more of a Christopher Eccleston kinda girl 🙂