(From "Mystery Comics" number 2, 1944.)
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
“I’ll start by punching this blue three armed bobybuilder woman to the face!”
Three arms? She must be Zaphod’s sister!
Not quite as pithy as, “It’s clobbering time,” but I’ll give it a C+.
Hey that’s what i would do!
Good advice, there, Yak. (Yak is his name, right? I mean, nobody just shouts out random animal species when they get hit, do they?) In fact, I think practically every comics story Bendis or Straczynski write these days could use the Yak making a timely appearance to remind heroes to stop brooding and start punching!
Wow they need an editor on this comic. I also think her screaming out the name of a species of buffalo is just as stupid!
At least the human woman didn’t say “Ewe” at the sight of alien blood.
Maybe she meant she’s going to yak.
I think she is warning them about the charging yak that is heading towards them. You can’t see it, if there was an actual background, the yak would be in plain sight along with the scenery. I think that at the moment that ugly had struck her, the three of them were teleported backwards through time just before the big bang, when there was only nothing.
“I’d better start doing things…because boredom kills…or at least gives people shiners”
RE: The three-armed alien’s “Yak!”
we’re not seeing the previous panel:
Super-Guy:”…Which is why what you’re doing is evil, and you should stop.”
Three-Armed Alien: “Are you trying to bore me to death? I’d rather you took a swing at me!”
Chick in Red Top: “Yeah, don’t just stand there yakking! Should you be doing things to stop the alien?”
Super-Guy: “Well, then ,I guess…”
Edit on #11:
Chick in Red Top: “SHOULDN’T you be doing things…
That gives me an idea about what to do the next time my wife tells me I’d better start doing things… 😉