(From "Heroic Comics" number 6, 1941.)
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
I have so many questions about this one. First was “You’ll be a dead rabbit” a common phrase in 1941, or was this guy just trying to be all Charlie Sheen-like? And how slow does the other guy turn into water that he can’t get it done before the bunny-killer shoots? And if your power is turning into water, wouldn’t you wear an oldie time bathing suit, not the tweed jacket-ascot-fedora combo he’s sporting? I think my brain just fried.
Making a phoney move is a heck of a gang initiation:
@ dan See this is the one power it makes sense to wear a spandex costume, and he is wearing a tweed jacket, one of the worst fabrics to get wet! God these costume designers in 1941 were just dumb!
@Dan: He probably turns into hard water.
It’s the Wonder Twins’ dad!
Hey, TheNate, I don’t see the Yancey Street Boys mentioned in that article.