With hearty thanks once again to Glenn3's "Say What? Pictures", your challenge this week is to come up with the best replacement dialog for this comics panel:
The presence of the headline and narration box adds a little wrinkle to this one. Is the other fellow yelling words of encouragement? Mockery? Vengeful triumph? Only you can decide!
The best entry (as judged by yours truly) wins the author's choice of either any item they like or any portrait to be included in HeroMachine 3′s final release, or a custom black and white “Sketch of the Day” style illustration (you pick the subject, I draw it however I like).
All entries must be left as a comment (or comments) to this post. Keep ‘em clean (appropriate for a late-night broadcast TV show), but most importantly, keep ‘em funny!
This week we have a cap of no more than five (5) entries per person, so make 'em your best!
1. Oi! Use a toilet!
1) Oh what a beautiful morning!
2) Yes, I’d like a Vodka Whiskey, hold the rocks!
3) Today’s forecast calls for a down poor of Rocks with a slight chance for DISASTER!
I told you not to hide under that elephant!
1. Relax, I’m tellin’ ya, this stuff exfoliates the skin like no other.
2. The old rocks proped on the hill gag. Get’s even the 6 year vets.
3. Consider it this way: Cheap funeral.
4. 2,190 work days without an accid- whooaaaa! 0 work days without an accident.
5. Dibs on his lunch!
We’ve got a McNugget incident! Get the Bar-b-que sauce!
“WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT KEEPING MY VOICE DOWN?!”
“That’s odd, this never happened in the pokemon videogames”
“DON’T WORRY! THIS PLACE IS PERFECTLY STABLE!”
1) dont be such a wimp those guys in chile did it for 69 days, with out complaint.
2) Remember when I said it would be safe? I wasnt completly honest about that.
3) Where is your power ring now planeteer? ha ha ha ha.
4) you did say 50 pounds of tnt not 15 right….. oops my bad.
5)Thats what you get for mixing mentos with cola you jerk!
Have to put in the oldest joke on the list of role-players:
“Rocks fall, everyone dies.”
“I said…CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS!”
2) Cleanup on aisle 5!
3) On crap. There goes our insurance bonus..
@Jeff: Please correct comment #12: It’s meant to say:
Oh crap, not On crap….
4) Hey John, stop hiding. Your wife is here to see you.
“Last time we have to work overtime on Sundays.”
“Trust me its cheaper this way.”
1. HAPPY SIXTH ANNIVERSARY!
2. I’m docking you an hours’ pay!
3. The coal industry does NOT need government regulations!
4. It’s okay, you’re wearing a helmet!
5. I’d sure hate to be you!
1. “Dude, is it cool if I date Judy now?”
2. “Oh, by the way, you’re fired!”
3. “Steve, Steve! Your numbers just came up on MegaLottery!”
“I meant to tell you. I’ve been sleeping with your wife!”
“I SAID, YOU’LL CAUSE AN AVALANCHE IF YOU DO THAT!”
“Sorry….Time for my break!”
“Here’s the 50 piece Nuggets you ordered.”
“Rock breaks Scissors!”
“If you don’t make it, then I win the bet, Mr. I’m really Superman.”
“Looks like we need to hire another guy before next seasons Gold Rush Alaska”
“So Long…Farewell…Auf Wiedersehen…Good-Bye!”
1. Chicken Little was right! The sky IS falling!
2. Oh man! I hope you got good worker’s comp!
3. I said, “You put the tnt too close to the outhouse!”
4. With better insurance you could be better protected against mayhem like me, so get AllState.
5. Time for another round of Rock, Paper, Scissors Death Match!
5) Hey, Come get your six year safety medal….Oh, so much for THAT!
1. “Hey Jim, why the shocked look on your face?”
2. “Steve! I SAID STEVE! Look over here!”
3. “Hi….err Bye buddy!”
4. “Don’t worry, it will stop hurting after forty or so rocks”
1. This isn’t an accident, by the way, I really do hate you
2. So that’s a no on going to Arbies with us after work
3. Its too late, some Chilean miners beat us to it
1. Quick! Change the caption to ‘Death by Chocolate!’
2. Stop! He’s allergic to rocks!
3. Noooooooooo! My rock collection!
4. And -this-, kids, is why we should always wear safety gloves!
5. It’s okay! He was dead inside!
1. “Seeya on the other side, sucker!”
2. “Just a bit of dust, don’t overreact.”
3. “I counter your Union Talks with Rockslide. Lose 400 HP.”
4. “I couldn’t find any flowers to toss while prancing around spreading love and happiness, so I had to use rocks.”
5. “This won’t hurt a bit.”
Wow,pigs can fly!
1) “Apperently after six years of digging we have finnaly seen a natures miracle : Rockslide!”
2) “Dude I think that we have been digging at the wrong side of the mountain for all those years!”
3) “Fly rocks, fly!
4) “Well this is awkward… A rock tsunami.”
5) “That logo is clearly lieng for we are not buried alive.”
1-Hey, Bob, I think I felt a drop of rain! Bob?
2-Don’t worry, that caption says we’ll live.
(that one might actually be the real thing)
Hey Ted, there are rocks falling on you!
Wild Geodude used rockslide
Never make fun of an earthbender
1. “Chilean miners did it first.”
2. “Quit whining Ted. A few rocks never hurt anyone.”
3. “Sorry Ted, Sharia Law. You’ve been sentenced to death by stoning.”
I don’t know why I decided he should be named Ted.
I can make a lunch run, looks like Mark’s going to be covered up awhile
Okay, I can’t believe I’m resorting to this joke two weeks in a row:
4. “It’s a trap!”
I think I should just quit now. No need to use #5.
Here are some peanuts f….Oh no, your allergies!
Can I ask out your wife?
Why cant I see the light? Oh yeah, I’m in a cave.
1. We’re going to need another Timmy!
When I said “let’s rock and roll” this is not exactly what I meant!
“I THOUGHT YOU SAID THAT WAS A CANDLE”
Dude! Rocking Retirement Party!
This is what happens when you take my sandwich johnny boy
Has anyone seen my TNT? I think I left it near this hole in the ground
I told you to hide when the geese flew over!
1. I knew I’ve been eating too much fiber. Keep your mouth CLOSED Bill!
2. That Old Spice Guy was right! Check this out Frank…still dry!
3. Aw shoot Frank, I think I wet myself.
Hey enough with the yoddling
Can Geico really save you 15%,,,,,What are you living under a rock
– “Boom goes the dynamite!”
– “Sorry, need that life insurance!”
– “What’s the worst that could happen?”
– “I pressed the red button, what does that mean?!”
– “Uh, oops?”
Charlie, if you don’t make it out alive, can I date your wife?
Ya know when somes says everything is going to be alright, and you know there lying? Well! Everthing is going to be alright!
2. Oh god, I have a splinter! What could possibly be worst then this!?
1. My bad.
2. Don’t move, they can’t see you if you don’t move.
3. Arriving in the nick of time makes me… so you’re not going to finish the ling?
4. Need a hand?
5. High five!
I know these are probably lame (they’re a twisted sister reference, after all) but here:
#1:You probably should not have sang “I WANNA ROCK!” buddy.
#2:You did say you wanna rock.
I got a third one: “I would help, but i bruise easily!”
1. “Hey, can I get my jacket back?”
2. “Would it help if I let you borrow my gloves?”
3. “Rub some dirt on it, you’ll be fine.”
“That gypsy warned you not to become a miner, Barry DeLive!”
Note to all: please resist the temptation to “pull a Gilbert Gottfried” by referencing the earthquake in Japan. (Unless you drop the humor, and make it into a charitable ad.)
1) Drop another bucket on him, before somebody hears and we lose our accident free bonus!
1. “…My God! The septic system is on the fritz!”
2. “…Well, at least words will never hurt ya’!”
3. “…I told you guys we should’a never built on an Indian burial ground!”
“I thought this only happened in Peru!”
1) “Hold on! I’ll go change the ‘Days Without An Accident’ sign!”
2) “Bartender, on second thought, I WON’T have a Mudslide…”
“Doctor Jones: ADIEU!!!”
The Hills are alive with the sound of music…..Oh wait that just Jim screaming
The hills are alive with the sound of music
You just ruined the punchline to my Japanese golfer joke Harry
“Truth is, we have about 8 accidents a year. We just don’t report them.”
OH MY! IT SEEMS I HAVE ACCIDENTALLY TIPPED OVER THE URNIAL!
Sorry, I ment port-o-potty. So, instead “OH MY, IT SEEMS I HAVE ACCIDENTALLY TIPPED OVER THE PORT-O-POTTY!”
2. Beware of les pommes de terre!
3. Latrine! (* Probably too obscure of a reference from “Top Secret!”)
4. Quick! Grab this imaginary rope!
5. Stop screaming during my aria!
Thanks Mom that got him.
No Mr. Bond I expect you to die.
ALWAYS tip the pizza guy.
1-On the Big-Rock-Candy Mountain
2-Get to da choppa
3-High on a hill was a lonely goat-herd
5-I fart in your general direction
Why does stuff like this always happend to ME?
Oy! Buried in a rockslide, he is now! And just this morning I wished him mazeltov! How messuggah!
“Somebody tell The Thing this is NOT his ‘dumping ground’!!”
@Black Griffin (79) #3: Great, now that song is stuck in my head! I just watched that last night, too…
Even on land, BP can’t drill safely……
“Let he who is without sin…Hey, Mom, lay off!”
“I said stop, not drop!”
“Hey, you owe me twenty bucks!”
“Teach you to wear a red shirt, trekkie!”
“Insurance doesn’t cover workers without gloves!”
“There can be only one!”
“You said da secret woid!”
“Hey, Norton, we’re flushing!”
“Picture, if you will, a man buried alive!”
I’m gonna set the vollyeball for someone else to spike it, but someone HAS to do some kinda Wrath of Khan joke. I can’t think of anything good enough. I can’t be the only one who sees Buried Alive and thinks of Khan.
@80–By “happend” of course I meant “happen”. Sheexh.
I’d help ya, but you know how they feel about overtime. Good luck!
3) That’s what you get with a busted union!
#4: Well, it looks like jim’s career went down the crapper!
and now #4: Well, it looks like jims career went to the crapper!
Sorry about the duplicate comment. No idea how that happened
1. “Duck and cover, Frank! Duck and cover!”
2. “Oh it’s Mr. Attention Grubber again. ‘Look at poor little me, I’m being buried alive.’ Boo frickin hoo.”
3. “Hey, Frank! Have you seen that ‘Danger: Loose Rocks’ sign I was supposed to put up this morning?”
4. “Holy rocky revenge, Frankie! Those are the same boulders you peed on this morning!”
5. “Break time, Frankie! Ya want me to grab ya some Twinkies or Ding Dongs from da machine? Heh. Ding Dongs. Now dat’s a funny name.”
1)Good news-I just sold your story. Bad news- they wanna cast Harry Osborne as you!
2)Quick! Take my pocket knife!
Hey you’re not really Jay Garrick are you?
4) Excuse me, waiter? We were supposed to have the ranch dipping sauce with these.
First one to hit bottom wins!!!
Little to the left, little more–wait, back just a bit. There!
Builder Man to the Rescue
4) Gravy lumpy enough for ya, Joe?
What do ya think this giant caption above us means? Oh.
1. Hope you got Obama-care health coverage!
2. Say ‘hello’ to the Mole man for me!
“Dibs on his Lexus!”
98, 99, 100! gotcha!
“Well Jim, the new guy’s not doin TOO bad but.. oh. Nevermind.”
@ 104 B. Clouser: That made me laugh. xP
4) Can’t keep a good landslide down
Oooh, I can’t help it. Time for some bad geology jokes.
1. I warned you not to touch her gneiss cleavage!
2. And that’s why should never take gneiss rocks for granite.
3. IT WASN’T MY FAULT!!!
4. Schist happens.
5. May the quartz be with you.
Damn those EarthBenders!!! I’m so glad I’m from the Fire Nation!!
1. I didn’t think you’d Actually try that. Feeling a little guilty now.
2. Haha, I told you I’d get you back for syran wrapping the toilet.
Hopefully this one isn’t too late to make it in:
5-“Can you siiiiing with all the voiiiiices of the mouuuntain…”
With music notes bracketing it