I'm taking a break from the "Greatest Ever" series of questions this week for some good old-fashioned butt whooping:
Discussion to follow!
- Yaujta Prime (Predator homeworld): Wolverine Vs. Predators. I feel certain this has been done before (probably many times) but it would be neat to see him on their home world, trying to stay alive long enough to figure out how to get back to Earth. Or maybe he'd just take over.
- Warworld: The planet where Superman was tested to his limits. This would be the most Planet Hulk type of story, I'd think -- gladiator style combat, a bid to destroy the game masters, all good stuff.
- Thanagar: On one hand, Hawkman is kind of lame. On the other hand, a whole planet full of cops ... and Wolverine. Could be fun.
- Tarnax IV (Skrull homeworld): This would be a tough one; I don't think even Logan could hack his way through an entire planet of Skrulls.
- Galador (ROM the Space Knight): Mostly I want to see ROM the Space Night and his Laser Mittens get shredded. And admit it, so do you.
- The Death Star: "I sense a disturbance in the Force" inDEED!
- Bizarro World: The only scenario where Logan would have to use his wits instead of his claws. Nothing says "Pulse pounding excitement" like watching Wolverine think his way out of a situation.
- Barsoom (Burroughs' Mars): I like this one, sort of an old-school adventure scenario featuring primal Logan struggling for supremacy just like John Carter did. Only with claws. And a mutant healing factor. OK, so if a regular dude from Virginia was able to do it, maybe it wouldn't be much of a challenge for the Mightiest Midget Mutant.
- Asgard: I'd like to see Wolverine lop off those ridiculously huge curling horns of Loki's one swipe at a time. Seriously, it might be kind of cool to see if Logan could fight his way through frost giants and other menacing Norse baddies to achieve a sort of godhood.
- Apokolips: A whole planet full of evil, sadistic people wielding evil, sadistic weapons. Talk about a target-rich environment!
I honestly think all of those would be pretty fun, but the one I'd personally most like to read would probably be Wolverine Vs. Apokolips. They're all so bad, and yet powerful enough to put up a whole raft of good fights. And I'd like to see the final confrontation between Darkseid and Wolverine.
What about you, what would you like to see?
(Image by Bloodmarionette.)
Oz. “You monkeys think you’re so hot with those wings? Well, I got a pair of these, bub!” *SNIKT*
Okay, seriously, I think Wolverine on Apokolips would be fun, so that’s the way I voted. Putting down the Female Furies, maybe giving Granny Goodness an Adamantium lobotomy, going at it with Darkseid (although it would be hard to top Batman’s “I just armed 1000 Hellspores, so ahead, I dare you to kill me,” gambit.)
I’m going with the Predator world, like apparently, everyone else is.
But let me give you a few alternatives…
1. Instead of the Death Star, how about Endor? (After all, do any of us really like Ewoks?)
2. Wolverine in the Mushroom Kingdom?
3. Wolverine in Care-a-lot and the Forest of Feelings, the home of the Care Bears and the Care Bear Cousins? (and for the record, I didn’t know where they lived off the top of my head, I had to google it)
4. Wolverine in the Machine City from the Matrix?
5. Wolverine on the Klingon homeworld? (I would have said a Borg cube, but that’s been done in a X-Men/Star Trek comic book crossover)
6. Wolverine takes on the Pokemon League challenge? (Wolverine
Sorry, I accidentally hit the post button. What I was going to say was “Wolverine has learned Snikt!”
But I should probably stop. These are getting darker and darker…
I added the “Predator game planet” option, because it would introduce the concept of both Predator, human and ‘other’ adversaries…like xenomorphs.
can a lightsaber cut through adamantium?(the internet debate that ranks up there with the chicken or the egg)
I would love to see Logan cut a path through the ranks of storm troopers, elite imperial Guard, to make his way to face off against Vader himself.
I deffinately like Wolverine vs Predators…but in reality I think there’d be non stop blood, guts, and snarls. Very little story. The more story based and interesting to read would be on Apokolips. There will at least be snide remarks from Darksied and Granny Goodness to balance the usually NON talkative Logan. Wolverine toe to toe with Darkseid would be awesome to see.
Star Trek TOS, just for the following scene.
Spock: That Highly illogical!
Wolverine: I’ve got your logic right here bub. *Snick*
Kaldath, actually, that line might have occurred in the Star Trek/X-Men crossover comic. I don’t have that one. I only have the Star Trek TNG/X-Men sequel.
ENDOR!!! Let’s see the Ewoks run him out of town!
(Yes, that’s right: I *like* the Ewoks. Deal with it.)
Me say not put superman on Bizzaro world. He would be nicest person to bizzaro’s and given Bizzaro logic he would still be able to heal on hrtae
I chose Apokolips because I want to see Wolverine struck dead by Omega Beams in panel…after panel…after panel.
I voted for Barsoom. IMO It’s right up his alley, violent *and* heroic. ‘Sides, I think he’d like running around in a loincloth!
Whatever planet Jar Jar came from.
Well Jeff, I gotta say, this is one of those “you had me at hello” moments. That picture you posted is all kinds of awesome and, for me, settled it before I even read the thread.
Apokolips all the way!!
Wow, this presents a barrage of fun scenarios. I’d have to go with Galador, in all honesty. I borrowed this book from a friend: http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/rom-spaceknight/17-1.jpg
… and it showed Rom’s armor stands up to Wolvie’s claws. A more “challenging” throwdown, certainly better (and more humane) than shredding carebears. That’s just wrongosity on fire.
I don’t know about you guys, but I think it would be fantastic to see Wolverine get his butt kicked by some Ewoks…
Jeff, whichever world wins, how about a sketch of the day from you to solidify the scenario? I would love to see your interpretation. (and maybe a timeout for you from all the programming issues)
Good idea, AMS.
Imagine, laid out battered and dying on the lush grounds of Endor, a Predator, and he’s being encircled by ravenous Ewoks. They come only within the distance of their spears, tensed up in a defensive posture should the bleeding creature decide he has fight left in him. He doesn’t. He merely laughs, flecking phosphorus blood as it intensifies. Slowly, it touches the keypad on its wrist, then, as its final breaths allow, mutters unintelligible gibberish…finishing off with a garbled “Yub-Yub”.
The Ewoks have only but a moment to marvel at the brilliant flash that follows before they are vaporized.
Jeff, maybe next week we can have a Predator on the prowl in different sci-fi and comic’s locations?
Somebody add DISNEY WORLD to the list!
I’m all for Bizzaro world. I think it would show a lot of character exposition, sort of like the “Oh no, I’m in hell” books, but with a more original idea.
@ams (20)So we can have a landslide winner?
What was so stupid it had to be removed?
please tell me!
Nicholas (23): If I remember correctly, it was “shit town.”
Not really worth knowing, was it?
Yeah, that was it. I don’t object to profanity, I object to lameness. And that was pretty lame.
Couldn’t agree more. But now Logan in Oblivion appears… Why didn’t I think of that? Shredded Daedra, anyone?
I vote for Bizarro World… Seriously, where else would Wolverine be incredibly challenged??
WOW…..Just wow. ‘Shit town’? That’s just 5 year old humor.
How about the home of the My Little Ponys? Not for the battle but just to see him taken down by a diabetic coma.
Great idea above this comment. ^^^^^
I added Voya Nui from the Bionicle series because the Paraka are douche bags, and nothing would be cooler then Jallar and Wolverine teaming up to rip and stab the Paraka in the face. And I see some one beside’s myself has voted for it. Hmm…