(From "Daredevil" number 11, 1942. Not that Daredevil, the first one -- totally unrelated.)
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
Aliens fighting pigs? Is this another reference to ‘Pigs in Space’? Or was this printed back when pigs COULD fly?
No relation to Marvel’s Daredevil? I don’t know. this guy looks kind of like a Skrull to me.
I can see Skrull maybe, but to me he looks more like a far gone Green Goblin.
How does one eat with a mouth like that? I hope his jaw unhinges like a snake. Course he does look a little unhinged already.
Y’know, if the United States ever truly had a golden age, the 1940’s was when it happened. It’s like that whole decade was carved from an ivory slab of heroism, each year intricately dwindled into form by bravery, sacrifice, and brotherly love. Even those of us of later generations look back on that decade with an unfailing nostalgia and warmth…
…and yet, the racism in those comics were grade-A horrifying. The Claw (…said RP villain) was supposed to be a representation of the Asian nationality. It figures of course– I mean, we know how much America loved the Japanese back then, don’t we? But what I’m surprised about is the fact he’s speaking perfect English.
You’ve got like 5 strips with this guy! Man those writters sucked!