We've been having trouble since last night with the site going up and down. DreamHost is looking into it, my apologies for the frustration.
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
Looks like it is okay now.
Jeff, I just realized something that would be very useful in HM3. I would really like the side view of a head. As it is right now, it is really difficult to create anything like that and have it turn out halfway decent. I doubt I’m the only one to try in vain to create a side view of the character’s face.
Thanks for letting me know Jake.
A side view is not something that’s going to happen. It would require side-view Hair, Glasses, Masks, Helmets, Noses, Eyes, Lips, etc. A massive, massive amount of work.
I’ll readily admit that I’m entirely ignorant about writing code, and certainly about how the HMs work, but I’m wondering if, perhaps sometime down the road, it could all be opened up so others could contribute, for instance, the sort of components Jake named. As I imply, I don’t know what that would entail, and the obvious pitfall is that the artistic style would be all over the place, but if moderated, and maybe set up somehow so it can’t go too far awry…
Failing that, there ARE some ‘pre-fab’ faces already available; what about (again, sometime down the road) a couple or three as-is, take em or leave em M&F profile heads? No optional lips, etc., and glasses etc., are up to the user’s ingenuity. Just a thought. Or two.
Jeff though thank you for making this program and this is one of the only things ive ever seen load fast on dial-up it takes maybe 45-60 seconds to load the basic program and maybe 2-3 seconds to load up the item sections
yea i know i sounded like a kissup but still i was just saying great job