(From "Bulletman" number 7, 1942.)
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
So very wrong. I realize these are the product of a bygone era, but an innuendo such as this is timeless … somebody must have (or should have) felt some trepidation lettering this thing up given the pose.
Well, naturally I cropped it to make it seem worse than it is. The Black Rat is running away into a trap door, so it’s like it’s a rat-hole or bolt-hole. But I cropped out the bottom part of the panel (it’s a circle) so you don’t see that. Because I’m immature.
“I was expecting to have to buy dinner first!”
Hmmm. I thought that was a dog. Notice how the tail forms a question mark…
Does this mean Bulletman’s finally about to end crime in his city, and take down the Big Cheese?
is that what there calling it now?
I figured as much, but a line like that transcends context. It’s like asking a class to take their seats or saying, “I didn’t come here to be insulted.” You know these things are going to merit smart mouth responses.
Your immaturity crops it that way and mine laughs out loud. 🙂
Perhaps I’m wrong and the ’40’s were really a much more innocent era and the inker would have been all aghast and red faced at my crass suggestion of such a thing.
Then his monocle would fall from his eye as he exclaimed, “My Word!”
Then again, my immaturity would warrant de-monocling on some level.
Late night postings are probably the strangest.
So is Black Rat the giant, mutated result of that experiment Bulletman was doing in the RP a while back?