(From "Captain Midnight" number 3, 1942.)
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
Those sheets won’t be “so kleen” much longer.
Captain Midnight the teenage years.
The creepy smile really brings the whole thing together, the man in his goggles, hiding in a laundry bag masturbating… This is the epitome of the comic book art form.
Wait, I know who Captain Midnight is! He’s the creepy kid from A Christmas Story who’s standing in line for Santa, wearing those goggles as he continuously stares at Ralphie while commenting “I like Santa”, only now he’s all grown up. It all makes sense now!
Really, runt? I thought he looked an awful lot like the Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight.
What I want to know is who he’s giving all this unfortunate information to? His mom?
I have to say, for all of the reasons listed above by you very astute folk and more, this is one of my favorite all-time random panels. The hidden arm, the goggles, the bed, the sheet with “SoKleen Laundry”, the full shirt, the slightly dizzy expression, the visible hand pulling the sheet waaaay up, and of course the dialog … man, this is awesome.
Even in 1942 they didn’t see something wrong with this picture?
Does he mean that the male kind is the most fun to beat?