(From "Captain Video" number 2, 1951.)
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
“Our british ally even has ‘Blue Peter’!”
Okay, that was a rather lame joke….
Captain Video… peeping Peters at the speed of LIVE..!
I hope Peter Rabbit doesn’t get involved. Things’d get messy.
“Our allies have Peters!” I should hope so!
Is this more madness from that online comics archive? I need to start going through that just to figure out what is going on in these panels.
Yes, this is from the Fawcett title “Captain Video”, published in 1951. It was apparently a comics adaptation of a popular TV show, which Fawcett did a lot of back in the day. This is the same company that put out “Bulletman” in the Forties along with Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr., Mary Marvel, etc. so your odds of getting fun stuff are dramatically higher than with other publishers.
Oh, and “Peters” is the name of a scientist the bad guys have captured 🙂
I love Out-of-Context Theatre!
I know this isn’t where I should post this but not sure where I would… what comic series is this from?
The name is Peters…Johnson Richard Peters. Why is everyone laughing? My, but you’re a cocky lot! Is someone behind me doing something funny?
I don’t know where that’s from Oquies, the site I got the panel from doesn’t give credits. It looks like a romance comic from the Fifties, but that’s just a guess.
If you think golden showers are romantic, Jeff, you’re a twisted, twistedman.
Well, my allies have breasts, so I believe you’ll find your peters too distracted to help you.
“And peters beats science hands down. And up…and down..and up.”