The Poll Position for this week is pretty straightforward:
Discussion to follow ...
- Batmobile from "The Dark Knight": Clearly the most desirable of the various Batmobiles, this version seems like it would a) actually work in the real world, b) would be totally kick-ass in the real world, and c) contains the bonus of a Bat-cycle as well. Two for one, kids, PLUS big ol' honkin' guns!
- Captain Nemo's "Nautilus": I'm thinking the Alan Moore version in "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" here. In the age of actual nuclear submarines this seems a bit outdated, but on the other hand it was extremely luxurious.
- Ghost Rider's motorcycle: Just a motorcycle? Kind of. But it's from Hell! Or at least it has the flaming butt-prints of a guy from Hell burned into the seat, which is almost as good. Unfortunately there's a chance those buttocks would belong to Nicholas Cage.
- Jet from the X-Men movie: A jet that can go faster than the speed of sound AND hover? Count me in!
- SHIELD Heli-Carrier: The big drawback to this one, of course, is the massive personnel costs needed to run it. But still, I can imagine hitting up the hot local club in this thing and then, when they won't let me in the door because the Nerd Alert goes off, just blowing the crap out of it and walking in anyway.
- Spider-Man's Spider-Buggy: I know I made fun of this before, but seriously -- an urban dune buggy that climbs walls? That would be worth it just for the expressions on peoples' faces as you zip past their tenth-story window.
- Wonder Woman's invisible plane: Lame.
The strongest contenders for me are the Spidey-Buggy and the Batmobile. The others would either be way too expensive to operate (Heli-carrier and the Nautilus) or lame (invisible jet and flaming Hell-cycle). Considering you get two vehicles for the price of one, I'd probably go with Wayne Industries on this one.
On the other hand, the Spidey-Buggy counts as a convertible. If I had hair to feel blowing in the wind, that one might win.
Which of the choices would YOU most like to own?
The invisible plane would be fun just for all the double takes you’d get.
The Nautilis for me. Serious luxury yacht, plus mechanical tentacles, plus cruise missiles. What’s not to like?
As far as invisible jets go, how do you fly one, anyway? Invisible altimeter, fuel gauge, and the like just don’t seem like a real good idea to me.
You know Bael, I never even thought about the invisible gauges. Well done.
The invisible jet is magical, everything is control by the magic so you would never need fuel. Basically cost free ride to anywhere.
I voted for the Spider-Buggy cuz it’s a better off-road vehicle than a jet that doesn’t keep the pilot invisible. (I’m never gonna forget that shot from the tv series. Or Diana’s underwater suit. Riddle me the swimsuit JH!)
I don’t think Wonder Woman really has a plane. I think she has some short-range telekinises and a sense of humor. Sure, she doesn’t act like she has a sense of humor, but that’s how you keep people from knowing it was you when you fill their bedrooms with shaving cream. She has the world’s greatest detective convinced she has an invisible jet, that seems like a pretty good joke to me!
As to the poll, I’d take the Heli-Carrier. Because I could live on it, and go anywhere. The Nautilus comes in second, just because I’m not a sea-going person.
Gotta go with the Nautilus, but mostly because I’m a traditionalist… :->
The New Batmobile Sucks IMO