(From "Boy Comics" no. 3, 1942.)
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
Bad idea? Yes. But c’mon…it’s a monkey. Most likely some cute, cuddly-wuddly, poo-throwing Cappuchin that would– no doubt– charm the socks right off ya. Couldn’t happen today; not with those stringent state and federal laws. I’m putting this down as reason #112 of why the 1940’s very well maybe the greatest decade in the history of mankind: Monkeys as prizes! 🙂
I want a monkey…:-(
Oh sure, the monkey may be free, but what about shipping, handling, vaccinations, the cage and the bananas? Yeah, THAT’S where they get you!
I’d love to hear from those who won back in the day, what the actual prize was, what they went through with it, etc.
It’s certainly up there with ads for XRay Specs and guaranteed workout programs as a defining feature of the pulp-comics golden age.
I’m sure the parents of the winners were thrilled.