Loki was recently resurrected as a woman. What other male super-hero would you like to see get gender-bent and turned into a female? Discussion after the jump.
- Hercules: Herc's always been about where the muscles meet the macho, so I'd love to see how he would handle the transition. Let's face it, he's not exactly Mr. Sensitive Women's Lib Guy, I think you'd get a lot of mileage out of this one. Plus, I would count on Aphrodite to give him huge sex appeal so he could get a feel for what it's like to have to fend off the unwanted advances of men for a change.
- Hellboy: I like the idea of a big red cigar-chomping blue-collar demon fighter, as a woman. Again, not exactly Mr. Sensitive. I'd love to hear what Abe Sapien would say to him about the whole thing. "You know Red, many species of fish spontaneously change gender so URK!!"
- Green Arrow: If nothing else, I'd be curious to see if he'd be dedicated enough to his archaic crime-fighting weapon to lose a breast like the ancient Amazons.
- Batman: Yes, I know we already have Batgirl, but admit it -- you'd love to see Bruce Wayne with PMS. The underworld might never recover.
- Iron Man: The ultimate playboy womanizer gets the tables turned. Awesome.
- Punisher: I have to wonder how much of Frank's violent nature is due to an excess of testosterone. This would certainly be one way to find out. Plus the giant skull on his chest would look all googly-eyed, which would be great.
- Reed Richards: What do you do if you're Sue Richards and suddenly you're in a non-heterosexual marriage? Then again, given Reed's body-stretching powers, he could pretty much be either a man or woman in appearance without breaking a sweat, so I don't know if this would actually be much of a challenge.
- Superman: Again, we already have Supergirl, but I think there's value in watching how differently -- if any -- Supes would see the world and his/her role in it from a woman's perspective. Maybe none, maybe a lot, but it'd be cool to find out.
- Thor: I can see Loki doing this just for revenge. Plus he's already got the long flowing golden hair, so that's nice.
- Wolverine: I suspect Logan wouldn't change much, but I'd love to see him, or rather "her", deal with some pushy guys in a bar.
So having gone through all that, I'd probably most want to see Superman change sexes. I think there's a lot of gender-related stuff going on with his whole concept, from the Good Son of the Kents to the Last Son of Krypton to his soldier-like patriotism ... I think putting a female slant on that would actually be pretty interesting.
Who would you vote for?
Of course, Wolverine does have his counterpart in X-23… who is also made up from his genetic material. Well, X-chromosomes, at least.
Hellboy. All the way. That would be one sexy demon.
A female Hercules would be…Himcules?
Well, Batgirl and Batwoman exist, so ho-hum.
I chose Punisher due to a 90’s storyline titled, “Suicide Run” where he disappeared and got the dead superman treatment – meaning there was a woman who tried to take his place. Maybe Mandarin could rig up a ring to do this (hardy har).
Iron Man would be awesome, too. Anyone remember Iron Butterfly’s gimmick?
I don’t know, I love Jeff’s image of a female Wolverine throwing down on some pushy barfly…
Iron Man, because it’s the only way we’ll ever see Tony Stark without a porn ‘stache. Plus, it’s just convenient–he’s got the money to buy a whole new wardrobe (the most expensive part, of course, would be reworking the armor–but I imagine he’d leave the outer shell alone and add a voice synth to make him sound like he used to, so he could feel more like an iron man), and there are enough girls named Toni that he doesn’t need to come up with a new name that he’ll forget when he’s drunk anyway. I bet (s)he’d still be a womanizing jerk, (s)he’d just have to switch to different bars.
Didn’t Thor already get that treatment in an alternate universe setting?
Yes Thor was transformed into a woman in the Marvel X alternate universe. It actually wasn’t that bad. Wolverine already has his X-23 counterpart that pretty much is what he’d be like as a female. Green Arrow’s most recent sidekick (Speedy) is a girl so technically there is a female Green Arrow in the works already. In another alternate universe (Marvel Mangaverse) there was a female Toni Stark who was Tony Stark’s brother and she was Iron Girl. She was pretty cool and hot too with an impressive armor and all of her brother’s charisma and savy (he was missing so she was in charge of everything). All said, I’d have to go with Iron Man because he/she would still be cool with the armor and now Stark could be really hot too. It would just be too funny anyway to see Mr. Ladies-Man-Stark adjusting.
Punisher, just for irony…
if hercules was turned into a woman would his muscle covered body become all curved and good looking?
Another vote for Hercules, again, just for the personality effect…
Oh God, I can’t pick. Your points are all very good, and I can’t get that googly-eyed skull out of my head.
Just pointing out how gay this thread is 😀