Vampyrist’s Corner

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Vampyrist’s Corner

Viewing 14 posts - 1,636 through 1,649 (of 1,649 total)
  • Author

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is Lambda, AKA William “Liam” Lawrence. Lambda is the only sibling Alex is truly frightened of. Liam is a master at reading and manipulating people as well as at complex planning. His plans always succeed and often times by trying to thwart him, you only play into his hands. He is a sociopath, only interested in his Machiavellian schemes, regardless of the consequences, none of which ever fall his way.

After the fall of the organization, Liam left to do his own thing. Alex keeps a rough tab of where he is located, but he makes sure to stay out of his way as he has plenty of experience of accidentally helping his genius brother.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is Burning Braddock, an English super powered criminal. Braddock can ignite himself in fire and throw bursts of flame. He is mostly a thug, working for others or pulling off small time jobs.

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is Omega.

When the organization was in its death throes, Omega was made and artificially aged to destroy their greatest failed creation, Alpha. Omega is modeled directly after his target, but made faster, stronger, and much more lethal. The cost of this rapid growth and power was Omega’s own life. He was to burn twice as bright but half as long. The organization just hoped that in that burning, their failures would be destroyed. He tried and failed to kill Alex several times before succumbing to wounds and his own damaged genetics. His final fight though was one of Alpha’s toughest as he only survived by the skin of his teeth.

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is my first post-Flash work.

Derek Keller is a former student of the Institute turned teacher who can manipulate the atomic structure of everything around him. As such, he fought crime as Periodic. He is the chemistry teacher and a favorite amongst the students. His flashy demonstrations and fun easygoing nature have won him many friends.

This is a sharp contrast to him as a student, where he was more of a introverted nerd type. His experiences and friends, especially his best friend Eric Hayes, brought him out of his shell however.

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is a contest entry, screenshots taken natively (small) and by cropping together two larger images (big). When I saw the description, I got an image of a character totally white who could walk through walls.

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

Adding a version with mist.

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

Hello everyone,

It’s been a while. I’m still around, just working and lurking, though not much machining in the last couple months. I do still however have a backlog of pre-Flash death works I can post as I get back into the swing of things.

First is another version of Charlie Holt, the hero formerly known as Delta (no relation). Charlie is super strong and invulnerable as well as a gifted tactician. He led a superhero team known as the Defense as Delta. One day, an errant death ray was able to damage his leg, making it too painful for him to continue superheroing and requiring the use of a brace and cane. He continues to help others by working as a behind the scenes strategist and eyes in the sky.

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

Next up is the former kid supervillain turned neutral fighter and sometimes hero, Anthony “Tony” Markos AKA Titan.

Tony is the son of two supervillains, the superstrong Atlas and the mentalist Selene. He inherited a mixture of their powers, have a very strong tactile telekinesis which allows him the appearance of superstrength, invulnerability, flight, and the ability to control his hammer.

As Kid Titan, he led a group of teenaged villains against the Cadets, a group of teenaged heroes. He led them competently, though his heart was often more in the fight than the villainy.

He was abducted to become an intergalactic gladiator for Hesperus and his Coliseum after he turned 19. Tony spent four long years there, killing many foes, until he won 100 matches and won his freedom. His time there left him hard and scarred, both physically and mentally.

After he won his freedom, he was able to return home, but he found it hard to return to his old life. He had seen so much violence and wasn’t sure he wanted to see more. His parents and his ex teammates, including his ex-girlfriend Pirouette, tried to rope him back into villainy, but it was a slow process.

One night while on a walk, he ran into his former enemy, Psyche, who was on a patrol. Psyche saw the pain and exhaustion in Tony and offered a truce. Despite his past crimes and their past, Psyche offered not to fight and to instead offered a drink.

Psyche, too, had seen too much in the time since they last met and had an idea of what his former enemy was going through. As such, he knew sometimes only those in their line of work could understand the stress and could provide an ear to listen. Psyche offered someone who wanted nothing of Tony and who would pass no judgement. So they went to a disreputable cape bar and began to tell the other of their hardships.

Thus one of the strangest friendships in the world of capes was born. Tony, former villain, and Psyche, dark hero. Both had seen too much, but were able to offer solace to the other.

Attachments:

ams
    Participant

Good to see you!  Great concepts. Hope you are well and safe.

cheers!

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks and I’ve been hanging in there. Thankfully, my day to day has stayed mostly the same as my job (Electronic Medical Records) has been keeping me busy.

Next up is Adam Callahan, AKA Psyche.

Adam has the ability to read and project his thoughts. He fought crime amongst the Cadets as Psych. His best friend Snowball was also part of the team and together, they were the clowns of the group. They constantly did what they could for a laugh and were always happy. That changed the day the Cadets broke apart.

A villain had made a death ray and the Cadets tried to stop him. In the process, their teammate Phase, AKA Paige Matthews, was hit and was sent to a hell dimension. For her, it was a year, for her teammates, it was a minute. When she came back, she was exhausted, scarred, and mentally broken. Seeing her state, her boyfriend and leader of the Cadets, Kid Paragon, AKA Kyle Madison, went berserk and destroyed the death ray and defeated the evil scientist. However, in the process, the device’s power source was overheating and threatened to take out an entire city block with it. Snowball sacrificed himself and used his snow body to cool the power source at the cost of his own life. Psych stayed with his friend to the end using his telepathy, but feeling his best friend die broke him.

Adam went down a dark path, becoming increasingly violent. Eventually, he was offered an outlet for his pain. SPARO, the government’s powered black-ops group offered him a position. Now Psyche, Adam became a soldier for the military. He used his telepathy to uncover enemy plans, though sometimes, this bordered on torture with how much damage it took to extract the thoughts. His powers also grew to let him control others with his thoughts, which led to several beneficial friendly fire incidents. Eventually, the death he was causing and was part of, left him disgusted and he left SPARO.

Now back in the US, he was the dark hero Psyche. The once jovial hero had the joy sucked out of his life, though occasional gallows humor snuck through. He had seen and been the worst of humanity and with his gifts, he could stop others from being hurt. His methods were occasionally brutal, with his powers, he was able to stop foes quickly, both physically and mentally.

It was on one of his patrols that he met Titan again after many years. Recognizing another hurt soul, he offered companionship instead of a fight. In all honesty, he was just tired after a long night and wanted a drink. But he figured, maybe he could help another wayward soul and in the process, prevent a villain from coming back onto the streets.

The two became drinking buddies. Psyche offered a respite from the pressures of his life to Titan and became a sort of sponsor. Titan was no longer a villain and only Psyche seemed to see that. For Psyche, Titan became someone who could understand and talk him down from his darkest impulses.

After becoming friends, a little bit of joy crept back into each of their lives. This was perhaps the reason why their respective friends did not do much to stop their bizarre friendship.

Eventually, this friendship became something more. They had poured their souls to each other and out of this connection came feelings of love. Thus the most bizarre friendship in the cape world became the most bizarre relationship. It was met with odd looks from both sides of the good/evil divide, but the two seemed happy. It did not hurt that between the two of them, they were amongst the strongest physical and mental forces around either.

Now Psyche still fights crime and Titan occasionally comes out to fight the big threats.

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

I was poking around my computer and found something I hadn’t posted, hence the 2020 suffix.

Danta Blake is a half angel, half demon teenager who is protected by Father McMahon. He uses his powers to try and help people and avoid those after him from both heaven and hell.

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’m still around. I haven’t been creating too much recently, but here is one of the main crime bosses of my universe, the Black Rose. His identity is unknown and he is known to use doubles that he directs from behind the scenes to elude capture. He is also suspected to not have any powers of his own and instead just a brilliant mind.

Attachments:

ams
    Participant

Hey!  Great to see a new piece!  Cheers!

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks!

Here is another version of one of the primary heroes in my universe, Alex Patton, AKA Alpha. He was genetically engineered from human and demon DNA to be the perfect assassin for a clandestine group known as Syncris. As the first subject to survive, he was named Alpha. He and his siblings all worked their childhood years as Syncris’s agents before Alex rebelled after witnessing in a massacre of an innocent village when he was sixteen. He fled and would eventually become the hero known as Alpha, hoping he could save more lives than he had ruined.

He became one of the most prominent heroes of the world and has helped save it many times over. During an alien invasion, he lost his right arm which was replaced with a cybernetic one. His demonic DNA gives him enhanced strength and speed, a healing factor, and most prominently, the ability to scan weapons to intuitively know how to use them and to be able to recreate them. Each of his siblings had certain weapons they were best at and Alpha’s was pistols.

Attachments:
Viewing 14 posts - 1,636 through 1,649 (of 1,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.