Trekkie’s World

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Trekkie’s World

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 436 total)
  • Author

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

I really like that you’re posting alternate versions of the costumes, keep that up!

The winter lake looks excellent, too. Great stuff.

Trekkie
    Participant

Thanks! I’ve realised I quite enjoy making landscapes, either as backgrounds or on their own.

Another one of Wilder now:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Trekkie
    Participant

Quick(-ish) alternate version of the above, because I wanted to see if adding a jacket would work

I did post this just a second ago but it’s disappeared, I think after I went back to edit it (because I realised I missed a detail on the image) but I messed something up somewhere.

Attachments:

Trekkie
    Participant

I finally decided to try and fix the attempt at a 40s box coat I did last year. I ended up redesigning most of it

Attachments:

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

Your outfits are always so well designed, especially regarding colour combinations common to the era.

I think the box coat redisign is a great success.

As a jazz man, I really appreciate the 40’s stuff. And I love the ‘noir’ theme, too.

Trekkie
    Participant

Thanks for the comments! I’m glad to hear the box coat redesign turned out well.
    I always use google images to get ideas and then for reference. There’s something about 40s clothing design I really like, and I’ve had to get creative with masking to get the silhouette and look right.
    And I love film noir, so it was fun playing around with shadowy effects.

An alternate outfit for Vivian Hawks

Attachments:

Trekkie
    Participant

Something a bit more 30s

The silhouette’s a bit different to the 40s, so it was fun figuring the best way to put it together

Attachments:

Jeimuzu
    Participant

I gotta say I’m really liking your outfit designs.  You’ve certainly captured the look of the era perfectly.

Vengeance
    Participant

the 1940’s look you are doing is truly wonderful, amazing pics

Keric
    Participant

Re your western character:

(I couldn’t decide which looked better)

Tucked in shirt or not tucked in shirt that is your Question.

The answer is: Neither one is out and out ‘wrong’ tucked in is a fussier option and would be used in the city, in church, or anywhere else that you would want to be classier.  Untucked would be a more ‘trail’ look (where getting tuck might take time you don’t have)

40sSuitCoat2- Wow, You took that and ran with it!

30sDress- Nice love what you did for the hat.

Trekkie
    Participant

Thank you guys! I like getting creative in finding the best way to get the look right.

@ Keric: That makes sense- something to make yourself look a little bit tidier when you’re not in a position to dress smartly but don’t want to look too unkempt (apart from the ‘in church’ bit, since she’s jewish. think i forgot to mention that when i introduced her)

Did someone say western-themed CDC? It’s been two years, so this is as good a time as any to enter again.

So, the first western AU image, tweaked a bit and renamed:

(Did the forum eat my post again?)

Attachments:

Trekkie
    Participant

Something that seems to happen sometimes when I edit posts is that after I press ‘submit’, the post seems to disappear. I’m a little hesitant to edit that post again to put the image in the post in case that happens again. Is it something I’m doing wrong or is it a problem with the forum (I feel like it might be the former)?

Suleman
    Participant

It has happened to me as well. I believe the mods are aware of the problem. Unfortunately, I don’t remember what the fix is.

Trekkie
    Participant

More western stuff! (Mainly because I have a new obsession- Rawhide! I have watched so much of it over the last few weeks/couple of months. I think I’ve developed a crush on young Clint Eastwood.)

Anyway, I wanted to try out a pose, nothing too fancy:

Attachments:

Keric
    Participant

Something that seems to happen sometimes when I edit posts is that after I press ‘submit’, the post seems to disappear.

– I’ve seen some of my posts disappear if there is no text (,that’s why I do the song on now!) I have no Idea if that MIGHT be the problem, but worth a note!

Btw, you HAVE to steal my character for the western CDC, Squaw, I’d love to see more of her character!

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 436 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.