Tiberius' Character Emporium

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Tiberius' Character Emporium

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Tiberius

@ Suleman and Cliff – I’m hearing you both about the clouds/background. This is still one of my pictures from close to 2 weeks back and I just haven’t had the time to go back and change stuff between working lots of OT and trying to get new pictures finished. I promise to improve backgrounds as I go because your both right and I appreciate the critiques.

Thank you both also for the compliments, much appreciated.

@ Herr D –  That is some good advice. I may have to try and tackle that in the near future. Changing up the angle of light can really push my bounderies. I like the cartwheel and lighting idea!

A few side notes… I think I currently have about 3 characters finished that I can post on these forums before I’m caught up. There is a certain ‘bat’ character which I put a bit more time into (and was heavily suggested by my son) that I can’t post here, but is on my DeviantArt page at tiberius1212 for anyone who is interested.

Tiberius

Here’s a character I finished this past weekend. This is Master Li, also known as Tiger Li. In this picture he is channeling the power of the Tiger, making his hand strikes much more effective.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JR19759
    Keymaster

One thing I will say about Tiger Li is that his left foot looks horrible broken. You might want to use the downward pointing foot a few pages along instead. Other than that, he looks great.

Tiberius

@ JR – Thanks for that! My wife and both kids pointed that out (the ‘broken foot’ look) to me when they first saw it.

I showed them the pose (side flying kick using the ‘knife edge’ of the foot)with my leg/foot and they were quite surprised. I guess being in Martial arts for 15 years allows you to do things that don’t look normal. However, the foot position doesn’t relate well into a picture as you and the family have pointed out so I will tweak it and see what I can do with it.

Tiberius

Ok, I think this looks much better. Thank you JR (and my family).

Attachments:

Suleman
    Participant

None of the feet in HM exactly match the knife-edge kick at that angle, unfortunately. There’s one possible exception, which would require scavenging  from the Companions section, like so:

The issues are the angles of the  foot and the ankle.  Sometimes HM forces you to decide between authenticity and anatomy.

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

I saw you few times before today, while i was writing comments on other topics, and i had no idea who you are. But now i know why! You joined when i was kinda-afk on forums! So…

Late and awkard “welcome to the forums”!

Wonderful start, and great continuation. From the first character you showed on this topic to Master Li, i am amazed, stunned and at the same time ashamed that i didn’t comment ealier the miracles you created over here.

(+2) for you, and that means you are from now on the one of the elite/godlike creators of Heromachine for me.

waiting for more creations that i can adore (and comment while not being late!)

Tiberius

@ Suleman – Good find on that foot! I don’t know if I would have ever thought of doing that.

“Sometimes HM forces you to decide between authenticity and anatomy.” You said that much better than the way I tried to explain it, thank you.

@ Lull-carae – Thank you kindly for the welcome and those amazing compliments! I’m honored that you think so highly of the gallery.

I’m still trying to get through many of the other galleries as I find myself getting lost (in a good way!) in a lot of the great works on this forum. Thank you again, my friend!

Tiberius

This is my first attempt at creating a superhero who is in mid-transformation. It’s a pretty basic pose because I knew this was going to be a lengthy process and I didn’t want to make this whole attempt take much longer than it did.

He just got back from a late night jog. His costume is in the background as he is just getting the alert to ‘change’ and suit up.  For now I’m calling this guy, Quartz.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Dude, that’s pretty awesome. The crystallisation effect works really well

cliff
    Participant

Sarim. I am sorry I missed the shoulder pad. I know see the strap under the arm. Always keep in mind … I’m legally blind so sometimes I miss things. So if I make a comment that seems weird, it could well be that, and feel free to correct me as you did.

Tiger-Li-. AMAZING. Once again I hate you. In a good way. 🙂

I seem to remember that you said not too long ago you couldn’t do poses. You FIBBED! ‘Kewl character and pose and colors . Somehow it reminds me of a sumi-e painting almost. Nice Chi glow effects. I just noticed  the tiger face coming from his face. I saw the shoulder tattoo and loin cloth tigers  right off. Kewl work on the backgrounds 🙂

Quartz. Amazing. Great character and mid transformation effect! And love the costume and  thought and effort you put in the background. 🙂 Kewl Alert on the TV too.

You are doing beautifully.

BTW there are more London Fog over on my page as you asked for. Sorry about the shameless plug.

Tiberius

@ JR – Thanks for that! It’s most appreciated.

@ Cliff – No worries on the shoulder pad, my friend! Those feathers made it a ‘busy’ area. As far as poses go, I’m improving on those. I have a really cool one that will be posted soon that I just finished about 5 days ago. He’s probably my favorite one yet (the character, not so much the background).

That whole background was created because you inspired me to give a little more ‘pep’ to them and because I know I should produce something better than just a basic graphic. I’m glad you mentioned the TV Alert, thank you! That was a fun little thing to make. Thanks for all the compliments, my friend!

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

I have no idea how to make good transformation-in-progress characters.

I bet i wouldn’t even know how to start, or how to end this kind of character.

BUT…

i am pretty sure this is one great piece of transformation! I mean, look at it! I can easly imagine him slowly transform thanks to the so fitting geometric transition line between his human and crystal form. Also, i am in love right now with the fact how you made his crystal part of body so reflective and shiny in comparison to the his skin, or anything else!

Background fits great, his armor on mannequin and what he wears now are also well made. Also, i can easly see from where light shines on him, armor, and everything on this piece of creation, you did it so well, so congratulations on that also.

Anyway, as i said, i might know nothing about this kind of creations, but you deserve big and strong (+2) for that!

Tiberius

@ Lull-carae – Thank you kindly for all the nice words. I’m glad I was able to convey the transformation for people to ‘see’ it, as that was definitely my goal. Your compliments are most appreciated!

Tiberius

Here’s one that was pretty fun to make. He will be a villain in our supers RPG for sure when we get around to playing it. I had some additional things in this picture at first, but decided they were best for another character. The background looks blurry because I was trying to convey the focus on the characters movement swinging ‘down and around’. Here’s Arachnid.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.