Tiberius' Character Emporium

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Tiberius' Character Emporium

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Suleman
    Participant

The guy in New Mutants is Sunspot, slightly different guy. Not that it matters.

So can he turn these powers off? If these armor pieces absorb that much light and heat from him, they’re probably gonna be very hot themselves, afterwards. So, if he were to turn off his powers while still wearing the armor, he might get burnt…

…This is why we shouldn’t think too deeply about superpowers.

cliff
    Participant

Sarim. Very kewl characfter. Love the handing feathers on his wrists, and the tattoo work and designs. is the Sun on the left supposed to be a masked tattoo on his shoulder? It’s actually on his wing. The sun and cicle needs moved back to his shoulder, and the circle buried to the back, or made invisable.
    Also I might suggest the winde effect be faded a bit to look realer.
    But that might just be me.

Snow Angel is lovely. Effective color palet. The abs are very interesting. NOT in a bad way. 🙂

Sunburst is very kewl. love the design and effect. You can tell he is white hot. I’m sorry to keep being nit picky, but those clouds are my least favorite. You might use the Background?Shapes gradient rectackgle for sky with two differnt blues, and the clouds, on Background/Sky  last one on last page. Just to see if you like it better.

All in all still Friggin Wonderful art. Way to go!

Tiberius

@ Suleman – His armor pieces act more as light absorption. They also allow him to better control the energy he gives off (heat). It’s not so much they absorb the heat as it is assisting him in being able to ‘fluctuate’ it. That is my concept of him at least thus far, but it will be up to whoever is the GM for our supers RPG to flesh it all out.

@ Cliff – Thank you kindly for the compliments and critiques! The sun is actually masked to a shoulder guard. Perhaps I should have made the shoulder guard a bit tighter on the shoulder so it was more recognizable.

The wind effect in the background I just dropped in quickly and gave it some color. I’m not able to go back and tweak or change the background as this started off as more of a play-with-wings session and I never saved the text file for the character. I will always take your suggestions though, even if for later use (as in this case).

Now the clouds I can change. Once I get a few of my current projects wrapped up I will hopefully remember to revisit those clouds!

The main focus is going to be on the characters because I am making them for our groups RPG’s, but I have to admit that if I’m going to add a background I should at least try to do something with it. So thank you for keeping me in line, Cliff. It’s always good to have someone pointing you in the right direction.

Tiberius

Keep your head down and move quickly! Widow-maker is a deadly shot.

This one was finished about a week and a half ago, so I’m slowly catching up here.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Tiberius- Overwatch fan?

Tiberius

@ JR – I’ve heard of Overwatch. I’m guessing you are meaning the new Blizzard game (or it’s a TV series or something). I know the new Blizzard game is a FPS type and it looks pretty sweet from what little I’ve seen. I watched about 15-20 minutes of beta testing on Twitch some time ago. Was actually going to buy it on release but never did. Only gaming I’m doing now is tabletop RPG stuff.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Tiberius- I only asked because there’s a character in the game called Widowmaker, who is a female sniper and wears a very similar headgear set-up to the one next to your character in the picture. Just wondered if it was an inspiration.

Tiberius

Was wondering if we are allowed to post our DeviantArt name on here as I will have some additional art posted there, if anyone is interested.

Tiberius

@ JR – Ok, now you got me interested. I’m going to take a peek at their site and see.

My inspiration for ‘Widow-maker’, as in the name, not the character.. came from my brother-in-law who is a special forces medic that travels with a sniper team. He told me the name Widow-maker is actually the name of a certain sniper rifle, hence me calling that picture what I did.

The character itself was actually described to me in detail from my son Corbin, while I was jogging (he was riding his bike). The character is actually supposed to have slightly super-human accuracy, agility, and speed. She is part of a 6 person superhuman villain group made up of three women and three men. He wanted her in camo with a sniper rifle. The rest was a ‘How does this or that look?” type of thing as we went along.

Ok, I checked the wiki. They currently have like 13 skins for ‘Widowmaker’. I didn’t see any of them with a mask and they all look slightly alien (blue skin) and futuristic. Perhaps there’s another character in that game you’re thinking of, or the Wiki is not up to date.

Ok, you meant the helm on the ground next to her, I see. The skins on wiki don’t show anything in the down position, but it does mention her having a power (infrared or something) when she lowers her visor so that could be it.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Yeah, you got it with the last bit. It’s obviously based on the same bit of equipment, but given a futuristic superhero feel. The game is well worth checking out, even if you just read up the games lore on the wiki or watch the cinematics.

Anyway, look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Vengeance
    Participant

HHHUUMM widow maker very good colors shading and highlights  ,

Tiberius

@ JR – I will check out the lore and such for Overwatch pretty soon (working loads of OT atm). I’m glad they put some lore into a game like that, pretty sweet to hear.

@ Vengeance – Thank you kindly, my friend!

Suleman
    Participant

Regarding Deviantart: Sure, link yours, the rest of us have done that as well.

Regarding Widow-maker: I can dig it. The pose is nice, and I can see that you thought it through.

The one room for improvement I can spot in both Widow-Maker and Sunburst is the sky in the background. With so much detail in the foreground, the big solid-colored sky sticks out like a sore thumb. If you look at skies irl, there’s some variance in the shades of blue. My advice for your future works is using the gradient items in Background-Shapes to  add some brighter or darker shades. You can also experiment with other kinds of clouds. Some example items would be from Backgrounds-Sky and Backplane-Auras. While I’m not the best at backgrounds, here’s some example pictures where I did that myself: http://fav.me/d9zls4y http://fav.me/d9uxz0c

Other than that, I’ve got no real complaints. Keep it up!

Herr D
    Participant

Thonn, Snow Angel, Sunburst are my faves in that order. Hawk7’s suggestion calls to mind a suggestion from the only person who ever gave me advice on carving stone. You should probably find an excuse to do a ‘cartwheel’ pose soon with shading from a point light source from above. Forcing yourself to work upside-down on posing and shading simultaneously may very likely improve your art.

cliff
    Participant

Widowmaker is mostly great, love the pose, color work and details, like the shells on the fifle butt.
    If you don’t want to change clouds, a smiple fix for the sky, might be to lighten the black line to a light gray, the rest of the pic looks SO real.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.