Tiberius' Character Emporium

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Tiberius' Character Emporium

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Tiberius

Here’s a character I created for one of our RPG group members. She basically gave me a summary of the characters looks and after a few quick phone calls and texts during the creation process, we got her all finished.

This character is a caster who specializes in Shadowy magic, with some Illusory magic mixed in. I had some really cool ideas for this character, but my friend said she didn’t want her to look evil and she wanted me to make sure I added in her leather armor pieces (since casters don’t often wear armor).

The dagger is magical in nature and will, upon command, float in the air around her to protect her while she is casting spells. The eye symbol is there to represent the magic that is controlling the dagger while it’s active. I didn’t get fancy with the dagger, because we wanted the dagger to be seen just for illustration purposes.

The hound is something she can summon from another dimension (shadow) for a short time each day if needed.

So, here is Hailia.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Candruth

I love everything about this one. Great stuff 😀

Tiberius

Thank you very much for that, Candruth.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Nice work. The costume is great and I love the dog.

Vengeance
    Participant

Great  design , very good job on the shading

Tiberius

Thank you JR and Vengeance! I’m always working on improving the shading/highlighting, it’s very addicting to me for some reason.

I’m also working on trying to be a little more creative with backgrounds (actually adding them for starters, haha) and things like dynamic posing. I’m almost finished with my latest picture which has a first attempt with using the dynamic posing work. I’ll probably have a few other pictures posted before that one though.

One other thing I am currently attempting to do, is i’m about 3 hours into creating a character that is in mid change from skin to crystal form. Lets just say that is an undertaking that is way more involved than I thought it would be, haha.

Tiberius

Here’s a quicker made character who we’ll probably use for a low-level gang boss/thug. My concept when I made him was that he had connections to some mafia or criminal outfit which got him the position he’s in. I named him Lil’ Vinny.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

1. Figured it out. If I left-click on the image it’ll let me ‘view image’ like it does in photobucket.

2. Vitas: What did his head need, besides maybe a nose-shadow? Nice costume on him, looks luminous and full of life like his name suggests.

3. Your summoned hound: is that a thing he can snip with or are those armored ears?

Tiberius

@ Herr D – Yeah I wanted to do more shading on the face that is showing, mainly. The armor is called ‘Glimoria’. It’s has a decent level of magic to it and the name has some meaning to it that represents light. If the person wearing the armor falls in battle, it will heal them quite a bit. This is reactivated once another healing spell is cast on the armor by a Cleric or Paladin.

The hound is called forth from shadow. The thing you see on his head is the focal point for the shadows to attach themselves to, which allow the hound to stay in our realm for a little while each day. His natural attacks are claws and a nasty bite. He can also Bay which has an incredibly large radius fear effect.

Yay! I’m glad you figured out how to view them!

hawk007
    Participant

Very nice!

Really quick critique. You’re shading is on point, very good. But I feel like your posing is lacking just a little. It’s not bad by any means, but I think that your shading skills are enough ahead of your posing that you should maybe focus a little more on poses.

Still though. I would by no means consider these bad. Great job!

Tiberius

@ Hawk – Thank you for the kind words and the critique! The characters I’ve posted so far are all ones I’ve completed in my first few weeks of using the Hero Machine. I do have characters coming soon that will be far more ‘posed’ than the ones so far. In fact I just completed two that are in fairly complex poses, so hopefully you will like those even more so.

I’m a bit behind on posting my pictures, but I will catch up to my current level of ability before too long. The reason I am posting these as slowly as I am is because with my busy schedule I can only produce 1 – 2 pictures a week at best, and some of those are things I wanted to try my hand at that can’t be posted here (like a certain ‘bat’ character). So basically I am spreading out the ones I already had made to keep a slightly better pace starting out this thread.

Hopefully when I catch up to current pictures I’ll be faster at making them altogether to make sure I can get a few out a week a bit easier.

Thanks again for the kind words and the advice, both are much appreciated my friend!

Suleman
    Participant

Nice work! I’m looking forward to those advanced posing pictures you mentioned. You’re already using some rather complicated techniques like shading, and the designs are pretty good. Very impressive, especially considering how new you are to this.
    Keep it up!

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Tiberius- Would it be possible for you to rename the file attached to your post from Aug 28th please. I saw that you changed the references in the description when it was pointed out to you at the time, so I didn’t say anything then as I assumed you would also change the file name too. However, it has been a week now, so I just thought I’d remind you as I don’t particularly want to take the post down. However, it’s still technically against the forum rules due to the title of the file.

Tiberius

@JR – I didn’t even catch that I forgot to rename the file. I’m trying to figure out how to do it now as I don’t see the file when I try to edit and the original file I unzipped and named is gone. Sorry about that. Worst case scenario I’ll add another one and you can delete the one that’s up now.

I added a newly unzipped file, so please feel free to remove the original as I have yet to figure out how to remove it myself. Sorry again about that, I just totally missed the file name when I made the changes.

Tiberius

@Suleman- Thanks for the kind words! I’ll post a pic here that has a bit more posing to it (although it’s not one of the two just finished). Hrmm, seems I’m having a bit of trouble with this one.

If anyone has a quick ‘How to do’ to remove files, that would be great!

Here is my version of a running character/speedster. Hope you like it!

EDIT: Added this with some diminished lightning effects in the background (as per Cliff). I think I like it better, thanks Cliff!

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.