Sumina-verse

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Sumina-verse

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 94 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

That looks awesome. I’d try to single out a favourite bit, but it’s very hard, maybe the face, but then the pose is great too, and so is the costume, then you’ve got the colouring/ shading. I can’t decide!

CantDraw
    Participant

@CantDraw said:

Re-design of Syn-47 (with battle damage!):

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/cantdraw/2014/02/CantDraw-Syn47-Redo.png

This was going to be my Round 1 character for the Monsters FNF but seeing that I just now finished it with only 10 more days and 4 more characters to create, I don’t think I’ll make it. However, I think I’ll still try to create the other characters just for fun since I already planned them out.

Anyway, my plan for Sumina is bring back Nimu after a year has passed and maybe the same amount of time has in Sumina. Syn put up good fight against Dagon but was defeated and turned into one of his battle thralls. Now she is more of a xombified version of herself.

For you convenience, I’ve re-posted this on the next page so you don’t have to go back to see it. Oh, and here’s the original:
    Syn-47-2.png

Awesome redesign of Syn-47. I liked the original but that redesign is just to cool!

hawk007
    Participant

I think you’re good, but I don’t really like the near-naked people, or near-naked looking people. Still though, you got talent.

CantDraw
    Participant

For the Fantasy contest, my re-design of Nimu (post-Red Bat run):

CantDraw-Nimu-WarriorQueen.png

STORY:
    Nimu returns to Sumina after hanging out with Red Bat for the past year (you haven’t seen that, yet, but you will), she returns to find her homeland in utter despair. Now at full power, she’s ready to kick some Dagon tail.

She’s definitely my favorite of all the golden warriors, so I think you’ll probably see her again. I’m thinking of doing a non-combat version. BTW, she’s wearing full body magical chain mail with a few gladiator-type attachments.

djuby
    Participant

Really beautiful!

CantDraw
    Participant

After Nimu returned to Sumina, a trio of witches watched from a far. Are they good or evil…only time will tell. Here is one of the trio, the White Witch:

CantDraw-WhiteWitch.png

BIO:
    The White Witch has the magic of perfection, represented by geometric shapes. She is one of the Three, the others being Red and Black.

I have to give credit for the pose to Elias Chatzoudis from his Mary Jane picture which I thought would look good as a floating pose. Originally, I was going to use this pose to make a Supergirl fanart piece for deviantART, but inspiration struck and a new character was born. It’s been a while since I did a character with movement and I really enjoyed making this one.

Of course, I’m always trying to improve on shading, but lately I’ve been focusing on small wrinkles. This is the first piece I’ve done where I think I’ve done a decent job on it. Also, I’ve been looking for a better way to do hair for some time and finally found a new technique, starting with Captain Gayle on my Bad Art forum, that makes it stand out a little more.

CantDraw
    Participant

Here’s the text of the pose without the coloring:

Download FloatPose.rtf

FYI – I made some adjustments as I colored the image. From what I remember, I brought the chest, head and neck in more. Also, I made the thighs a little longer and adjusted the shape of the butt. I’m not sure it’s usable, but maybe it will inspire to try something different, besides giving you a glimpse of how my strangely scary brain works. Watch your step!

Stulte
    Participant

Now that’s awesome! Your shading is impressive as always, and I think the wrinkles work very well.

CantDraw
    Participant

Red Witch:

CantDraw-RedWitch.png

BIO:

The Red Witch practices sacrificial magic and wears a dress made of blood.

I was inspired by liquid dress pictures I’ve seen on the web.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Dude, I dunno how many times I’ve said this but, god you’ve got to be one of the best shaders around, I wish I could shade half as good as you.

CantDraw
    Participant

Thank you, Embarassed, your comment was very kind, as always. I’ve thought about creating a walk-through of how I go about coloring a character. I’ll probably use a pre-made pose so I can skip that part of the process.

Timedrop23
    Participant

really digging the white witch. Geometric shapes as magic effects is quite a unique approach.

CantDraw
    Participant

Black Witch:

CantDraw-BlackWitch.png

The Black Witch is the first of the Three (White being the second and Red the third). She has the power of trials and change. What does that mean? I guess you’ll find out what that means if you ever meet her.

I had to finish this without my glasses, so hopefully all looks well.

BTW, I had to take original down because it somehow posted twice.

Nug
    Participant

Nice job on the witches, man! The shading on all of them is well i wanna say unreal, but that’s the exact opposite of what it is.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.