Sumina-verse

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Sumina-verse

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)
  • Author

CantDraw
    Participant

I thought I’d make a separate gallery for my Sumina-verse characters, while possibly padding the biographies a little bit. My primary influence for a lot of these characters is Boris Vallejo (along with a little manga) because I grew up around a lot of fantasy and science fiction as a kid. I always liked his use of shadow and the human form. Now, don’t worry, you won’t see any clothing optional characters, but many won’t be wearing a lot, possibly. You’ll also see more women than men because I’m just better at “drawing” them probably because I prefer the use of curves rather than straight lines. To my moderator comrades, please let me know if I’m ever stepping out of bounds for I certainly don’t wish to offend.

CantDraw
    Participant

Welcome to the Sumina, a world of magic and war. Good vs. evil is nothing new to the Suminans, but technology has arrived. Highly-advanced soldiers from an alternate dimension have invaded the planet and new lines are being drawn.

Hero-Nimu-1.png

BIO:

Nimu is the barbarian hero of Sumina. Her magical sword grants her permanent superhuman strength and the shield provides semi-invulnerability, more so against magical attacks. Her family is royalty from the Northlands.

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

Wow that is brilliant, the use of shadows and lighting is awesome. You’ve set the bar high for the rest of these pictures.

One thing though, her thong looks quite (ahem) ‘bushy’…

CantDraw
    Participant

That would be because it’s fur, but I see your point. Don’t worry, it already past the moderator test when I posted it before.

CantDraw
    Participant

Syn-47-2.png

BIO:

Syn-47 is a synthetic human from Earth Realm and the leader of a rebellion against her techno-masters. When Earth invaded Sumina, she followed with several of her rebel soldiers to stop them from taking over this magical world. Nimu mistook her for a another invader, but after a brief engagement she discovered Syn was on the same side. Together, Nimu and Syn fight the aliens of Earth Realm, the world of our bleak future.

Because she’s synthetic, she has strength and dexterity far greater than any human. Obviously, she has perfect aim.

CantDraw
    Participant

Okay, now for a new character:

Galinda.png

BIO:

Galinda is Nimu’s older sister and queen of the Northlands. As queen, she is Gaurdian of the Golden Light and wields it’s power. The techno-invaders have not entered her land because it is shielded by her power but only if she remains in her land.

prswirve
    Participant

Ahhh… I’m starting to be a HUGE fan of yours… hmmm…

JR19759
    Keymaster

The way you shade is incredible and totally unique, even if your costume design does get perilously close to the boarder between decency and not having any clothes on at all.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@JR19759 said:

The way you shade is incredible and totally unique, even if your costume design does get perilously close to the boarder between decency and not having any clothes on at all.

yes I have to agree with JR, VERY nice work, great shading and wonderful art, but Awfully close to the line of breaking the rules, though not quite crossing it yet.

prswirve
    Participant

So with regards to this, how do we define our boundaries? Does the pose of a lady matters?

Kaldath
    Keymaster

@prswirve said:

So with regards to this, how do we define our boundaries? Does the pose of a lady matters?

Simple enough, Nothing of a Blantant Sexual suggestive nature, and no showing of the naughty bits, Best rule of thumb if you have ANY doubt what so ever if we will allow it DON’T post it, at least not without checking with one of us first.

CantDraw
    Participant

Sorry, I had a feeling I might stir up the hornet’s nest; admittedly, I have a bad habit of testing my boundaries. I stand by what I said at the beginning of this topic: if I ever go too far, let me know and I’ll take the picture down myself. Actually, if it is too far, let me know what would fix it and I’ll modify the picture to repost. Also, I don’t plan on getting any closer to the boundary than I did with that last picture; in fact, I don’t know that any of my other ideas will even get as close.

BTW, thanks for the feedback. And if I’m not sure about the boundary, I will definitely send you y’all the picture first.

Scatman

I can Barely(no pun intended)wrap my head around your shading style,but man is it cool and original!Cool stuff,you should be very proud of your work!I for one am a fan,Cheers!

CantDraw
    Participant

I promised to do a male character, so here you go:

ScarredOne.pngScarredOne-face.png

BIO:

Qolar is Nimu’s twin brother. Jealous of his sisters’ power, he traveled to the darkest places of Sumina to find his own. After many years of wandering, he reappeared unrecognizable as The Scarred One with magic that rivaled the Golden Light. Now he stands against his family and the Northlands. Also, he is partially responsible for the invading Earth forces entering his world.

Weilyn

Very cool! Can’t go wrong with a crapload of skulls.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.