ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 829 total)
  • Author

Greentiger777
    Participant

This is Ra-bel Sung. She is a criminal on her home world of Bechlor. She was banished from her home for a serious crime. She has been sent to Earth where she must save the lives of at least 250,000 humans to repay her debt and return to Bechlor.hm3-beta-1.png

Herr D
    Participant

Bubba always loved fishing. And drinking. And eating.

. . . not much else. People used to say he’d get too big for his boat someday. Today, though, it looks like maybe he’ll have a stay at the County Rehab Center. He tried his luck over at Lake Wannagitchu for the first time this morning. Some say he just had one too many beers . . .

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2013hm/HerrD-DatBass_zps9957e51b.png

Of course, the Native American legends MIGHT be true . . .

Weilyn

Great entries so far!

prswirve
    Participant

Awright i was playing around and i accidentally got this:

prswirve_gryphons_blessing.png

Weilyn

This one goes to Herr D!
    While all the entries were cool and utilized the items well, I think Herr D’s creation uses them in the most imaginative way. Combine that with a great overhead perspective, a nice reflection effect and a sweet pun and Bubbya takes the cake for me.

Herr D
    Participant

Thank you, Weilyn. Bubba is, to all accounts, recovering nicely. The strange thing is that half his boat is missing!

Ah, well. For this week, I’ve selected top row items: a Backplane/std cape shred, a FacialHair/std, and an Insignia/Tech that I don’t think I’ve EVER seen used . . . pictured in the attachment.

items.png

prswirve
    Participant

Congrats to a well deserved win Herr D. Now your image for the items is BIG!

MithrilFrog

This is Wi-Fi Man bringing internet to the world. I had a lot of fun making this guySmile. Crongrats Herr for winning last oneSmile
    Wi-Fi-Man.png

Greentiger777
    Participant

hm3-beta-9.png

I can’t really think of anything to say for this one. lol especially since all the selected items are obvious. Hope you like it. congrats on winning btw

Luc

Haven’t been posting on the forums much lately, buuut this week’s combo of items gave me a small bit of inspiration, so here it is.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2utlnnt.png

Herr D
    Participant

Judging time–oh, and belated thanks for prior congratulations. Here goes:
    At the speed of light came WiFi man! MithrilFrog made a good solid character that I DO wish existed. Backplane item as energy effect was a good idea. Frankly, if there had been a background, he would have rated higher. Background is the only thing ‘missing’ compared to the others.
    . . . And out of the dark, came Beta9! Greentiger made one of those characters designed to aid humans in destroying themselves. (I have to agree with Waterson’s Hobbes–mankind “doesn’t need the help.”) A black background will probably always be better than none. Though you said you couldn’t think of anything, you did actually get me to pay more attention than normal to this sort of character by virtue of the earrings. Very good. The other items as energy effects were also good choices. Or was the goatee a part of him?
    . . . And from the depths in the twilight storm, came The Listener! The backplane and facial hair combined very well in that forbidding visage. I instantly had to ponder whether they were prehensile or poisonous or pretty sexy to another of it’s kind. Use of the insignia item as a genuine signal tower with built-in energy effect did something even more unexpected. It drew me in and caused me to WONDER. I couldn’t help but story a little bit. ‘He heard the signal and he came.’ I have to give this one to Luc before I’m stuck writing another story! LUC! PICK THREE! GO!

Greentiger777
    Participant

@Herr D said:

Judging time–oh, and belated thanks for prior congratulations. Here goes:
    At the speed of light came WiFi man! MithrilFrog made a good solid character that I DO wish existed. Backplane item as energy effect was a good idea. Frankly, if there had been a background, he would have rated higher. Background is the only thing ‘missing’ compared to the others.
    . . . And out of the dark, came Beta9! Greentiger made one of those characters designed to aid humans in destroying themselves. (I have to agree with Waterson’s Hobbes–mankind “doesn’t need the help.”) A black background will probably always be better than none. Though you said you couldn’t think of anything, you did actually get me to pay more attention than normal to this sort of character by virtue of the earrings. Very good. The other items as energy effects were also good choices. Or was the goatee a part of him?
    . . . And from the depths in the twilight storm, came The Listener! The backplane and facial hair combined very well in that forbidding visage. I instantly had to ponder whether they were prehensile or poisonous or pretty sexy to another of it’s kind. Use of the insignia item as a genuine signal tower with built-in energy effect did something even more unexpected. It drew me in and caused me to WONDER. I couldn’t help but story a little bit. ‘He heard the signal and he came.’ I have to give this one to Luc before I’m stuck writing another story! LUC! PICK THREE! GO!

in answer to your question, the goatee was supposed to be his/her (never actually decided on the gender) fiery hair. similar to a mohawk. btw i think you made the right choice Smile

Luc

Always flattering when people instantly start forming their own stories in their heads while looking at your creations Laugh As for the items this week, here they are! They can be found in ItemRight – Horror, Headgear – Modern, and Eyebrows – Standard. It’ll be interesting to see what you guys come up with for this combo, ’cause I’ve got no clue what I’d do with it myself!

http://i43.tinypic.com/2upfhns.png

RobM
    Participant

Cootie-Bot-1.png

challenge.png2_-1.png

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 829 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.