ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 829 total)
  • Author

Scuffles
    Participant

foot right monster<br />item right miscallaneous<br />ears standard<br />Judging day 19/05.2017

Keric
    Participant

Yolos the green caster has captured the last two p’toving treeps!  getting them to breath through the resperators was a task, but getting them to adapt (and evolve) to a dihydroxegen (water)  enviroment MAY save the life in the Canis Vitus system if it works!

Break down: the hands are holding the bubble, the ears are the fins, and the resperators are the binoc’s.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Herr D
    Participant

“Mr. Quimby’s Solution”

Mr. Quimby didn’t fit in with the community on Junebug Hill St. He didn’t come out to celebrate block parties in the cul-de-sac. He didn’t bring any plants outside from his upstairs, indoor hothouse. He only left his house to deliver his horticulture projects to his individual clients.

When the neighborhood association approached him, he told them that not only would he NEVER join, he was going to sue them if his neighbors couldn’t stop their dogs from breaking down their inferior fences and getting onto his lawn. He said they dug up his lawn a lot and caused problems with runoff. He hated all the barking at night anyway.

The neighborhood association rebuffed him, saying that all the good lawyers in town were on their side. Further, that his lawn was just grass, so why all the fuss? It was their own fences being broken and their own lawns receiving the runoff. Why would he worry about it anyway?

He said he’d been wanting to put a plant or two outside, but didn’t want to because dogs would likely tear them up. Besides, they might be mildly poisonous, and he didn’t want to be responsible.

The neighborhood association said to put some out. That it would be their own fault. Hadn’t he warned them? They gave it to him in writing.

He put out a plant on his back patio. He said it was a new species named the ‘rainbow eye shrub.’ . . . there are a few dogs missing . . . but all’s well, right?

*The foot became the shrub trunk, the ears became flower petals, and the binocs became part of the basket. Strange thing about this was, all later versions refuse to load. Corrupted or something, I don’t know?

Keric
    Participant

@ Herr D, I think that judgement day of 19/5/2017 has passed, if I read it right that’s 19th May

If that is the case, I cede the contest to you,(I think most people would say that yours was better anyway ) So, pick your three!

Herr D
    Participant

Wow. . . . Thank you, Keric, for that — I thought yours was good, particularly the understood parts of the story. Your story, I think, may have been better than mine this time.I have to run out, in a terrible hurry, but if no one objects to your judgement in the next several hours, I’ll post the next three items when I get back.

Herr D
    Participant

Okay! I’m back from errands and have put together the three items below for your entries to be comprised of. One extra half-point will be awarded to the entrant who includes somehow the following random themes: Postage, Oranges, and Sociology. Don’t ruin your entry; a half-point probably will not make you win.

Deadline 6/5/17 midnight, EST. To be judged, hopefully before 5pm EST 6/6.

Attachments:

Keric
    Participant

This is honestly the first thing that hit my mind!

The colony was not big enough for a state of the art GalatiPost post office, which would let people instabeam post of any size themselves!  Nope! People had to instabeam to Regiggel 4, then wait for P.o.n.y. Express.  There were times that P.o.n.y. Express came when Jim was not there, and so Jim would have to check in back!

Breakdown: the foot is the notery seal, the ear are the hooks and the insigina (in various shades of orange~thus hitting the them of oanges!) are the glass in the window!

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Well Keric, pick 3. I like your post office. It might even have been cool to see a transcription error couriered in from an instabeam about to be rewrapped and sent back.

Keric
    Participant

Judgement on the 21st! I have selected:

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Her singing was always awful, and her playing was even worse. But complaining is less boring than travel, so people went and listened anyway . . .

*The eyebrow made 12 leg segments, the bomb made seats and a wireless microphone, and the wolf mask (squished a little,) was used about thirty times in the accordion thing.

Keric
    Participant

Ok, It now the 21st, It no real use to wait any longer! Herr as the only entry you win! pick your 3

Herr D
    Participant

Well, at least now I can stop listening to her. Okay! I’ve been noticing how few people use the font characters. So–

(link didn’t work, see below)

***pic says it wrong! top row, last item! pic has correct items pictured . . .

It may be hard, so due 3pm EST 7/10. (What city did those three numbers help the man with the whip?) To be judged hopefully by 7/11, 3pm. The most creative use of one of the items WITH ALL THREE, NON-TRANSPARENT COLORS NOTICEABLY DIFFERENT will get an extra point.

Attachments:

Funkmachine7
    Participant

This time i’m getting mine in early even if it’s a sub par entry.

Earconbert awoke to the smell of burning wood and the crackle a fire.
    His hall was on fire!
    Stood over him was his wife, in one hand a blooded blade, the other a silver heathen hammer, her lips moved as she muttered a prayer.

Dingus Khan
    Participant

I don’t think I used the runes you wanted… but I’m all Greek-ladied out, so here go. Also not sure how to link pictures yet.

Attachments:

Funkmachine7
    Participant

I don’t think I used the runes you wanted… but I’m all Greek-ladied out, so here go. Also not sure how to link pictures yet.

I did, the B’s at the top, M shaped thing is at the middiel and the F/Y thing at the bottom.

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 829 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.