ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 829 total)
  • Author

Christi S
    Participant

@Keric: Thanx! I read through some of the thread to get an idea of wtf this thing was allabout hahah

@Randall: TY for the welcome! Look forward to seein some of ur stuff whenever u get back!

@Herr D: Woo! Yay! Also… wow, that was like a super-thorough grading. I’m a lil intimidated at havin to follow that up in my response to the entries for my challange lol. Speaking of which….

HERE ARE YOUR ITEMS:

I can’t figure out how to do text yet (do I need to install some kind of expansion or something? That’s my takeaway from what I’ve read lol) but you can find them respectively in:

Item Right – Heavy

Eyes – Standard

Background – Landscapes

@Herr D: BTW’s, I have a gallery up now! ^_^

Herr D
    Participant

Ah, good, a gallery . . . ! You haven’t tried the Fonts category yet? Do yourself a favor while you’re waiting to judge (deadline?) take an pervasive tour of hm’s features and sections.

[dashes up wall, across ceiling, and into studio to get started on new pic]

Keric
    Participant

First off congrats Christi, I knew when you posted your pic that you would win!  As to the judgements, use your judgement, If you think one is just better overall, and that is how YOU want to say it, that is how you should say it

I think we can all see what the Homage is here.  S’Eris turned on the force field generators before she started maintenance, thus avoiding the dangers of the Faux-eye crab of Tanger 5.

I used  the eye as the “crab” the gun as the “force field generators” and the ground as (Gasp!) the ground. (So daring, So brave!)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Christi S
    Participant

Deadline! Right! Um. Lets go with December 1st, shall we?

And Fonts Category… didn’t even see that that was a thing hahah… thanx Herr D!

N ty for the grats Keric! I actually don’t know what the homage is? lol, But its a nice piece!.. which is all I’ll say until the deadline =P

Keric
    Participant

@ Christi,  I thought everyone would see a connection to Star Trek.

Herr D
    Participant

@Keric: I got Star Trek, but thought you must mean a specific event–ah, well.

This one is called ‘Multitasker,’ a shout-out to all of us who don’t have time but somehow find a way . . .

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2015hm/HerrD-Multitasker_zpsrgnccqja.png

*The eye became the character’s hair and paintbrush and part of the paint being mixed on the palette. The gun became her hair dryer, which is drying her hair, the painting, and the paint in her hair and on her hip. The ground piece became the abstract art and part of the paint palette sworl.

Randall
    Participant

I was just stopping by to see how everyone is doing in the contest and wow. Both are great pieces. I think Christi might have a hard time judging them. I love the Star Trek theme Keric. You have come a long ways since I’ve come here. Anyways good luck to both of you.

Christi S
    Participant

I never watched Star Trek, my bad.

Anywho! The day is upon us!

And I have decided I shall judge these fine works of glorious art upon the following criteria!

1. Composition: The overall quality of the style/technique used in the piece. 2 points!

2. Element Composition: How well the items were used/fit in to the piece. 3 points!

3. Creativity: How well the items were MISUSED in the piece. 3 points!

4. Aesthetics: Which piece I think just has the better overall finished product. 1 point!

… but I shall wait a lil bit longer to see if we have any last minute entries cuz, at least in my timezone, the day is till young. Hah! I’m such a tease! ;D

Christi S
    Participant

Alrighty, well, days comin to a close and it doesn’t look like we’re getting any late entries so… TO THE JUDGMENT! XD

Composition:

– Keric: I really like the layered way the scene is done, and how everything was made to fit into the setting of some sci-fi planet with, I have to assume, either odd geological chemistry or light gravity! 2/2!

– Herr D: I love the perspective and angles in the piece, as well as the motion it captures really well. I do however feel like a couple components came off slightly awkward, like the torso and wrist. 1/2!

Element Composition:

– Keric: All the pieces fit really well into the scene. Its just very cohesive. 3/3!

– Herr D: The background piece and eyes are used flawlessly, but I feel like the gun, either because of the dimensions or colors, stands out and seems kind of cartoony in the context. 2/3!

Creativity:

– Keric: I’m impressed by the “forcefield generators”, even without changing the piece significantly; I definitely don’t see “gun”. And the eye crab is equal parts cute and creepy, but I would have liked to see it incorporated into something more than being an element unto itself. The background, while it works very well compositionally, was not repurposed. 1/3!

– Herr D: I absolutely ADORE the painting and pallet uses, and I’d NEVER have tagged the hair if you hand’t pointed it out! And while the “blowdryer” is a bit awkward aesthetically, its still a super clever used of the piece that I for one wouldn’t have thought of! 3/3!

Aesthetics:

– They’re both really nice, fun, well-constructed, pieces, but I think I have to give this point to Herr D. The perspective, as well as all the little details (the scalp stubble, the tag sticking out of the collar, the paint stains on the brush handle) just really complete the picture for me.

Total:

– Keric: 6

– Herr D: 7

Herr takes it by a hair! =P

Herr D
    Participant

Thank you!  . . . Don’t you mean I took it by an eyelash? Oh, well. Yeah, it’s really hard to make the protruding-breast-squashed-by-the-arm-crossing-the-chest-too-close look right. That may have been too ambitious. The rest of the problems were just hurry.  Real life multitasking wasn’t so successful . . .

–Ahem! Sorry.

Let’s say due at (EST) 10am, 12/14/16, because I like semi-serious series, judgement to be submitted btw 18:00  and 20:00 same day. Here’s the three items for all you  victi enthusiastic entrants.

Attachments:

Keric
    Participant

Dan has to deliver his basket of adorables

Break down: the top is the basket, the mouth is the bow, and the horn it the hat.

Attachments:

Christi S
    Participant

Hahah, d’aw thats too excellent Keric!

I have to ask tho, because its the first thing I thought when I saw it… was this piece inspired by the Kittendales Calendars?

Randall
    Participant

Salvador Blackblood is an alien from another planet. A planet which he had be banished for attempting to take over the planet. Salvador stole enough seeds before he was banished. The seeds which he can grow a new army, but he had to first find a new planet to plant those seeds. After years of searching Salvador comes across earth. Unfortunately the earth is not right to grow his army. He tried to kill the plants and trees, but he ran into earth’s superheroes. Injured and shamed Salvador went into the shadows to recruit people to make his ultimate doomsday machine in order to kill all life on earth. Now his only hope lies within a handful of geeks to help make his ultimate doomsday machine. In order to keep the superheroes of earth from stopping him Salvador grants all the nerds superpowers to help keep the heroes of earth distracted.

I used the ears as a part of the shoulder pads, the top I used as part of his helmet, and the mouth piece I used as strings for his belt.

Attachments:

Christi S
    Participant

WB Randall! I was crackin up at the whole “army of geeks” bit XD

Anywho, here’s my submission:

A farming community in one of the most volatile climates in the world, the villagers of Tybb gathered in the chapel every morning for sunrise worship. There they would pray to the butterfly deity Ry, believed to have the power to turn back even tornadoes and lightning, to protect their crops from the inclement elements.

Used the mouth and top for the butterfly, and the ear for the tornadoes.

Randall
    Participant

Thank you Christi. You have a great piece. Very interesting. I wish the best for you and Keric in the Contest.

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 829 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.