ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 829 total)
  • Author

Funkmachine7
    Participant

The head is at the top of sword, the eyebrows are edgeing the cape and the sholder pad is used as a bracelet and cape clasps.

Herr D
    Participant

Hey, hey, pick 3. I may have to look over your other submissions so far, but I’m struck that this seems like more work went into it. Also, 2 for 3 ‘misuses.’ It’s a shame no one entered against you. You might have won this one instead of, like me, just got handed the reins. Ah, well.

Funkmachine7
    Participant

Theres not that much work involved, it quite a simple set up, the muted colour scheme, working on mosty tan browns and gold helps the few uses of blue stand out.
    Heres my pic of items.

Herr D
    Participant

Allie really likes her new game . . . She’s entering her character into the third level already.

*head for a nose and chin, flail for a force field emanator and energy glow, and insignia as holographic game avatar

Funkmachine7
    Participant

That is impressive, you win so pick your three items.

Herr D
    Participant

Thanx, man. Allie did beat her high score this season. Next three: pic deadline Fri. noon to be judged hopefully by 8pm EST 2/27. I went with hooks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Funkmachine7
    Participant

It was still there, the thing in the closet, banging contently banging trying to get out, Sam feared what was in the closet.

It was there but then it wasn’t like a fever dream.

There was a crash in the darkness as it broke out, free from somewhere.

Sam reached for the lights as an all mighty bang and flash filled the room.
    A pair eyes flashed in the darkness like a cats, but with a blood red tinge.

There was a clank as Sam switch on the light.

“Do not move! That gate way has only just begun to open!” shout the woman as a pair of ivory fangs flashed from her ruby lips.

Herr D
    Participant

I KNEW hooks were scary! Good work with the blurb. Closets are GREAT gateway points. That’s where I keep all of mine. Wait . . . maybe THAT’S where my clothes keep disappearing to . . .

Pick three man, and: good work on your interdimensional fanged nun with guns. Decorating the rifle stock that way was a good idea.

Funkmachine7
    Participant

Funkmachine7
    Participant

Well it has been a week and no ones entered, so i’ll post what i got up to with the items.

Herr D
    Participant

Sorry I got delayed. Here’s an entry. Massive influx of work. I’ll check back tomorrow to see whether I won or Funkm did.

Herr D
    Participant

*facepalm

I . . . good grief, I forgot all about this. Funkm was the judge, and so probably can’t win. As sole non-judge entrant thus far, I’ll assume judgeship–it’s not really a win to be sole entrant anyway:

Attachments:

TjLocke
    Participant

Fractal, once called Rogue-Fractal.exe, is a volatile universe-shaping creature that used to be a computer worm before the worm was exposed to an exotic particle leakage between two colliding dimensions. She transferred her coding to a dormant android and proceeded to wreak havoc on her homeworld before venturing off into other dimensions. She is the tangible manifestation of space-filling curves and feedback loops, and she is slowly starting to find other entities like herself. These beings include manifestations of various mathematical equations, as well as aspects of particle physics. The ones that represent particle physics are the ones Fractal doesn’t really get along with, since she has no concept of rationality, morality, or the laws of physics.
     –
    A little while back she ran into an entity that represents the behavior of particle collision, a fellow by the name of Hadron. He was experimenting with collision-y stuff and started throwing a couple of dimensions against each other to see what would happen. Imagine his surprise when he met Fractal, the volatile byproduct of one of those collision experiments.
     –
    She tried to hang out with him a little bit out of sheer curiosity, but then she tried to compress his native dimension into a series of self-similar iterations and he had to kick her out.
     –
    Despite her transformation into her current almost supernatural state of existence, Fractal still maintains many of the characteristics of a virus. Her virus coding insists that she execute permanent digital system blackouts or any suitable equivalent in the economies and civilizations she encounters, and she has no problem with expanding the fractal iterations of her existence by consuming other entities. Her physical body represents her volatile nature, and she seems to put a considerable effort into cultivating her deranged appearance. That, or her looks are just a byproduct of a continuous feedback loop of destructive behavior.
    Original character didn’t have the hat or the blunt weapon/hat ornament, but I think she looks a little more unstable now because of it.

Herr D
    Participant

TJ? Love the concept! As sole entrant, pick three and prepare to judge in a week.

TjLocke
    Participant

Cool! Sad that no one else participated, I like competition. Anyway, here’s three objects. Sorry I haven’t checked up on this sooner.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 829 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.