New and could use some criticism and help.

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery New and could use some criticism and help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mitch
    Participant

These are some of my favorites I have made, Making a fighting game and could use some critiques and ideas.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mitch
    Participant

Been using this for three days or so please tell me how I am doing

Attachments:

Mitch
    Participant

another

Attachments:

Funkmachine7
    Participant

Thats good work and your getting better.

Some tips
    Try to avoid using to much black or dark colours as they tend to drown out details.

Avoid over crowding any one area, if you add all the detail to a small area then it tends to drown it’s self out.

Masking is your friend, read up on it here,
    http://www.heromachine.com/2014/01/08/how-to-use-the-mask-feature-in-heromachine3/

The best thing to do is to mask the parts you want to simple shape.

I.E. if you only wanted Sister Regina to have 2 straps on her boots.
    You’d place the straps down and set them up, then put a box over them and mask to that.
    After adjusting it all set the box to 100% transparency and send it to the bottom layer.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forums Mitch.

In addition to everything Funkmachine said, I’d also suggest two things.

First: Always keep in mind your colours. I’ve always said that the best costumes use 3 colours, 4 at most, plus hair and skin colour. It just makes the whole look more cohesive and together. Also, when doing backgrounds, look to colour it in a way that either complements the character or is neutral, but don’t use a colour that clashes (for example pink and orange) or re-use a colour that has already been used in the costume, because that just swamps the picture in one colour and makes it very hard to look at. Oh and never use two different colours on an item that doesn’t have a distinct place for them (such as the jeans on your clown character).

Second: Pay attention to details. Details can make or break a picture. Things like characters not having ears or missing feet under shoes are pretty basic mistakes that are easily avoidable when you take a second to just look and think “ok does everything look right here”. Then you have items that don’t quite match up, zombie skin tears that are coming away from the body or weapons not being held by the hands for example, which you can sort out with masking.

Good start for having only been ‘machining for three days.

Also, and I have to say this being a mod and all, please make sure you read the forum rules if you haven’t done so already.

Wolf Master
    Participant

Well in addition to what funkmachie has said i would say don’t use black as either the primary or secondary colour, if youwant to mimic black use either dark grey or for a retro comic look blue or purple, because the removes a lot of the detail on the item used.

Also on the clown the face is slightly too cluttered which distracts from the piece.

But overall good start.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.