My new Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery My new Creations

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 299 total)
  • Author

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

GRYPHON! Gryphon, (real name unknown), was intended to be a member of the Beasts of Burden, but proved to be too dangerous. Apparently, his humanity was totally taken over by the wild natures of the eagle and lion DNA used to create him. Being incredibly strong, he easily escaped captivity and has since taken to terrorizing the world. He seems to be living out some warped version of the traditional role of mythological gryphons, setting himself up as a guardian of sorts at large mining operations around the world, frightening workers, or killing the more resistant ones, and laying claim to whatever resources are within. Whether this is greed on the part of whatever is left of him that is human, or his mind is so far gone that he actually believes himself to be a mythological creature, no one can say. gryphon.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Alternate version of Gryphon.gryphon-alt..png

Weilyn

Citidome is awesome!

Herr D
    Participant

I must say, Dome City is a TERRIBLE idea. What did you think happened to MY hometown? Nobody buy it, okay? Who wants to picket the company? Who’s with me? [grabs marker, poster board, broken broom handle, packing tape and runs out]

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks, Weilyn. Herr D, I honestly hope you’re being tongue-in-cheek, like I was. After the fact, I noticed that I put the CitiDome pic right after my Boston memorial portrait, but rather than delete it, I hoped that any seeing it would take it in the light hearted manner I intended. And for the record, I live in NYC and was on my way to work and had a very clear view of the burning Towers on 9/11. I’m not an unsympathetic bastard.

Herr D
    Participant

Well, yes. T-i-c. Everyone knows that bottling a city would require a Doppler effect so big that you’d need a color filter to see it after. And that would spoil the skin tones of the lovely hiding it. But I really would like to picket that company you mentioned. Corporations may need to be knocked back a bit more, and bottling cities is bad for the environment AND those who live in it! Laugh

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

You had me going there, Herr D. I wasn’t sure if you were offended and trying to soften it with a little humor. Sometimes it’s not quite as obvious in writing. And regarding bottled cities bad for the environment, it’s better than the alternative, if you live in Kandor!

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Recently in my HEROS, ALL thread I redid one of my characters in a Golden Age style and mentioned I didn’t find any Black Golden Age heros. While looking at some public domain characters for inspiration I came across a few Black characters. I’ll be doing some re-interpretations of them now and then. I’ll be posting them here to keep them separate from my HEROS, ALL universe. First up is Merciless the Sorceress.http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Merciless_the_Sorceress I included a link in the spoiler so you can see what the character looks like and read the history.http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/05/MERCILESS.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Shortly after joining Hero Machine, I made a character I called Iron Maiden, which was basically a female Ironman. For copyright reasons, she was removed. I recently came across a public domain character of the same name. Here’s my take on her and a link in the spoiler. http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Maiden IRON-MAIDEN-pubdom.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Another public domain character, Black Angel. http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Angelhttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/05/BLACK-ANGEL-HDSHT-1.pngBLACK-ANGEL.png

Weilyn

Cool!

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

A new mutant is born!New-Mutant.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Here’s a first for me. Herr D provided the story and I illustrated. Here is “The Bar Scene.” During Mardi Gras, a small, black woman walked into a bar. She waved at the bartender, pointed to herself, walked up between two barstools, sat first on one and then the other. The bartender nodded, pulled a bottle from under the bar, poured a glass of expensive-looking alcohol, and set it next to her. Another patron openly stared for a moment, and then he walked around the bar to talk to her.
    “What was that? That signal?”
    She smiled at him and said, “My name is Remoulade Martin of the New Orleans Martins. People call me Remy. Two stools means a double.”
    “Neat!” said the patron, “Let me try.” He pulled out a lighter, saluted the bartender, and tossed it on the bar. The bartender opened a bottle and handed to him. The patron smiled and said “Bud Light Draft! It works!”
    A woman walked up and smiled, saying, “I can top those. If I mystify both of you, will you pay for mine? And if you figure it out? I’ll pay for yours.”
    Bud said, “Okay.”
    Remy said, “Go for it!”
    The woman turned to the bartender, gave him a sultry smile, and touched her nose with the side of her finger. The bartender raised his eyebrows. He opened the fridge, pulled out three containers and a bowl of cut-up lemons and limes. He poured exact-looking measurements from each container into a mixer, squeezed in the juice of three lime slices and two lemons, added a dash of six different bottles from under the bar in rapid succession, closed and shook the mixer, poured the result into a large glass, carefully added four spoonfuls of tonic water and an olive. Then he plunked in a cube of pineapple and handed it to her on a napkin.
    Bud stared, openmouthed. “What is THAT drink called?”
    The bartender said, “Biloxi Bliss, sir. Want one?”
    “No, thanks. How much?”
    “$13.50.”
    Bud raised his eyebrows. “I might owe half that. Ms. Martin? You want to try this?”
    Remy smiled. “What’s your name?”
    The woman smiled, “Mary Abramovitz.”
    Remy looked at Bud, Bud looked at Remy, and they paid up. Remy started back to her seat, but Bud had to know. “What was that?”
    Mary smiled and explained. “Twenty years ago, I won the title of Miss Biloxi. This bartender designed the drink to honor me. We’re engaged, after all!”bar-scene.png

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 299 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.