My new Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery My new Creations

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 299 total)
  • Author

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Funny thing with mutants; either they’re obviously different at birth or their mutation doesn’t show itself until around puberty. The latter was the case with Handy Wilson. Add to that the fact that he was born into slavery in the early part of the 19th Century on a South Carolina plantation and you have the makings for a very confused young life. Of course, no one knew anything of genetic mutations then. Maybe that was a good thing, seeing that slaves were considered property and not people. He couldn’t be exploited any further. His father, the biggest and strongest field hand on the plantation, was sold off shortly before Handy’s birth, and was killed trying to escape. If the Master had no problem separating a family expecting a newborn, no telling what he would have done to this special child if he knew the truth. As soon as his mother noticed Handy was “stronger ‘en any plow mule on the plantation,” she made sure to teach him not to “show up any o’ Massa’s sons.” She always had a feeling something was different about Handy. Even though he was born two months premature, he was “bigger ‘en any babe I evah helped birthed!” according to the midwife who attended his mother. All children would play and rough house on occasion, but Handy’s cuts and scrapes always seemed to heal faster than anyone else’s. When he was 10 his mother caught him outrunning the Master’s favorite Thoroughbred at full gallop. Fortunately no one else saw this, especially Master, who considered himself a sporting man, and would have no doubt run her baby to death. Funny thing with mutants; once they come into their own and discover their abilities, it’s hard for them to keep it secret, no matter how much they are warned otherwise. With the confidence of youth and the knowledge that he was the strongest man on the plantation, at age 18 Handy decided to run away and promised his Mother he would come back for her. Maybe I’ll come up with some more for this character. FREEMAN.png

prswirve
    Participant

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

Thanks, prs. Don’t be envious, I just happened to always be good at English in school. Creative writing and crap like that, lol! If you don’t mind, can I look at some of your characters and see what kind of storys I can come up with? Also, as I look at Lucifer, I’m thinking of doing him over because I really don’t like how I did the face.

definitely you can! there’s that slave boy that i really think would make an interesting story. i just don’t have the right creative juices to make one for him. i’d be more than thankful if you can help me out with that. i can make some redesigns for you in return if you’d want. thanks!

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Cool! I saw your slave boy; a black & white piece, right? Is he a separate character or part of your created universe? Look at the first attempt I did of Dark Cherub. I could not get the masking to work for s***! Somehow, it fell right into place when I did the Amazon, but Dark Cherub is one of my favorites and it frustrated the heck out of me that I couldn’t put that axe in her hand. I would like to see someone else’s take on my characters. As I mentioned a few times already, I make this all up as I go along, so your slave boy may end up with a very involved back story. I’ll take a stab at it! In the meantime, look in my other thread, Heros All, and check out the remade version of a 2.5 character I made, Amy Atom.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

MY BRAIN HURTS FROM THE LAST BACK STORY I MADE UP, LOL! Seriously, anybody who wants to take a stab at this guy, feel free. Here’s my first villain, Cybertaur. CYBERTAUR.png

prswirve
    Participant

the backstory for the slave boy is so awesome! thanks. i’m currently taking a shot on your dark cherub as of the moment.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks, glad you like it! I was worried about it sounding to obviously based on Biblical and current events and offending someone. Another concern was that it might get too wordy and not hold people’s attention. I have a tendency to get long winded, (my daughter used to call me Mr. Speechy, lol!) If you have any others you wouldn’t mind me taking a shot at, let me know.

prswirve
    Participant

I see. Sure I’ll let you know. I don’t see anything in the story that could possibly offend anyone. The names you used though may be too hard for others to catch and remember although if the readers are avid fantasy fans they’d certainly appreciate it.

prswirve
    Participant

here’s my take on your dark cherub. i can’t think of a better background yet but i hope you like it…

ddark_cherub.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

I LOVE what you did with Dark Cherub. As for the names in the Slave Boy story, I don’t know how old you are, but the name I gave him is a play on a character’s name from a 1950’s-early1960’s TV show, Leave It To Beaver. Since you made no mention, I doubt you’re old enough to know of that show, lol! The names of the two tribes, Ir’illis and Pa’latines were inspired by Israelis and Palastinians, which is why I was concerned with offending anyone. In fact, the first name I used for Ir’illis was too close so I changed it.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

My first shot at reinterpreting someone else’s character, with his permission, of course. Terry Quick’s Wild Thing, The Zen Werewolf. His version is posted on Hero Machine’s Facebook page. Took me a while, but I’m getting the hang of masking.WILD-THING.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

This is a reimagining of a custom character I made in Soul Calibur 3, Black Dona. No story, just a female pirate.http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/BLACK-DONA.pngblack-dona-clseup.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Experimenting with masking and shading. The large scale masking seems easy enough, but still hit or miss in putting weapons in hands, (see Black Dona above. The gun came out OK, but the sword gave me a lot of trouble). Tried to do some shading here, but no visible effect took place. Any suggestions? I was considering doing my first themed set of characters. Here’s the first of the group, One Eyed Jack.http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/JACK-OF-HEARTS.pngJACK-CLSE-UP.png

Maaz
    Participant

Ouch. Must be embarrassing to be i8n his shoes right now…

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

More experimenting with shading. Still not getting it on the character. Also, notice the masking; her right hand came out correct, her left hand still not really holding the weapon. What am I doing wrong! Here’s the second in the group, The Queen of Clubs.QUEEN-OF-CLUBS.pngQUEEN-CLSE-UP.png

Weilyn

Looking good!

The problem is that an item can only be masked on to a single other item, so an item can only be held by one hand. Luckily that mace can be made in segments.

Also, you can’t mask items in to all hands, it simply doesn’t work on some of them.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 299 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.