MisterDinoMan’s Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery MisterDinoMan’s Creations

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 452 total)
  • Author

2D-Girl

Close2D-Girl-CU.PNG
    Full
    2D-Girl.PNG

Backstory:
    Known Aliases: 2D-Girl, Stretchy
    Abilities/Skills: shape shifting, communications expert
    Description:
    At an early age Kara was discovered as a potential Olympic gymnast. She trained hard and by the age of fourteen she had reached the peak of her flexibility and agility. Sadly, it wasn’t enough. The other girls kept improving and Kara was surpassed. Her personal coach, afraid of losing his job if her charge was kicked out of the training program, secretively started giving her an untested performance enhancing drug that couldn’t be detected in the blood stream.
    It seemed to work. Kara became stronger, more agile and more flexible. Easily keeping her competition at bay. But the drug started having side effects. At first, it were only minor annoyances. Something which professional athletes always have the deal with. But when she was under a lot of stress at a qualifying tournament for the 2012 Olympics, she started exhibiting strange shapeshifting abilities in the middle of her routine.
    Naturally, she was disqualified and the drug use came to light. She was banned from the sport for four years. She would be well past her prime by then and so her dreams of going to the Olympics were dashed.
    Instead, she kept using the drug that gave her her extraordinary abilities and in time she got a handle on them. After such a public demonstration of her powers, any hope on a secret identity would have been foolhardy. Realizing that, she stepped out into the spotlight and became the world’s first masked adventurer whose identity was publicly known.
    She wasn’t contacted by Bishop to become part of his team. She was just present when the team arrived. In the aftermath, the press didn’t see the distinction and she was asked to join the Infinity League to avoid a media debacle.
    While not as powerful as some of the other members of the League, the level of openness she brings to the group makes them a lot less feared by the public at large.

Five down, two to go. Here’s Gamma Guardian

Close
    Gamma-Guardian-CU.PNG
    Full

Gamma-Guardian.PNG

Backstory:
    Known Aliases: Gamma Guardian, The Guardian-Commander, Frank Walker
    Abilities/Skills: energy manipulation, super strength, flight, invulnerability
    Weakness: Earth’s oxygen based atmosphere is toxic to him, so he must wear a breath mask at all times.
    Description:
    Pharanq W’Qer’s home planet of G’ma, deep inside the Vaecor Dominion, is a harsh one. High levels of radiation coupled with a mostly argon based atmosphere make it impossible for most live to survive on G’ma. The G’mannites themselves adapted to their environment. A typical G’mannite can absord most of the dangerous energy the planet throws at them. The Guardians however, are not normal G’mannites.
    The Guardians are a subrace of G’mannites that are capable of channeling the absorbed energy, granting them many wonderous abilities. As such, joining the military is mandatory for them.
    W’Qer was the proud Commander of the Guardian Legion for over a decade and a half. Under his leadership the Guardians were respected as a exemplars of justice and bringers of peace throughout the Dominion. The generous High Prefect Magnonnius IV was more than happy to use their extraordinary powers in this fashion.
    Sadly, all men must die and a High Prefect is no exception to this rule. Magnonnius’ son, Draxur, followed in his footsteps and took on the office and the responsibilities that his father had had. However, Draxur was a spoiled and vain man who believed that the prosperity of the Dominion should be spread beyond its borders.
    And so, the Guardian Legion was transformed from a benevolent peacekeeping force into a murderous horde. W’Qer was ordered to commit atrocities in the name of the galactic nation he once so proudly served. Finally, he just couldn’t take it anymore.
    He traveled to the next planet on Draxur’s conquest and tried to warn the people there. To his horror, he discovered that the denizens of this primitive planet neither had the means to understand him, let alone escape the oncoming onslaught.
    Stories of the strange alien soon spread and Bishop sought him out. The telepath was able to establish rudimentary communications. During his years as an agent for the I.D.E.A., Bishop had met a lot of men like Draxur and he was not impressed. But he also knew that the world’s armies were ridiculously outmatched and that the I.D.E.A was to mired in bureaucracy to be of any assistance. So he gathered the group of talented individuals that would later become the Infinity League to face the threat of the Dominion head-on.
    After all was said and done, and the Dominion left. W’Qer was left stranded on the strange world he had come to protect. With the help of his new team mates he constructed a secret identity, aided by a holographic image inducer and an instant translation device. As Frank Walker, he’s a kind and fair police officer, but when the stakes rise he faces it as Gamma Guardian.

Weilyn

DynaZone is really cool! I’ve tried for so long to make that helmet work in a design. You totally pulled it off.
    Also, nice use of the “half-profile method”. Subtle but effective.

Thanks Weilyn. The next member of the team. Mageia

Close
    Mageia-CU.PNG
    Full
    Mageia.PNG
    Backstory:
    Known Aliases: The Witch of Pompeii, Mageia
    Abilities/Skills: spells, shadow creature conjuration, extensive occult knowledge
    Description:
    Parvati was born into servitude during the height of the Roman Empire. Her highest ambition could never be more than pleasing her masters, a rich but childless couple from Pompeii. Parvati’s mother was not born a slave. She was captured during a raid on her village far to the east. Unbeknownst to the Roman legionnaires that captured her, the woman was a priestess and a very powerful magic user.
    It was from her that Parvati learned the esoteric ways of the eastern witches and she quickly showed an aptitude for conjuration.
    Years passed and life in the Roman villa stayed unchanged. However Parvati’s masters desired an heir above all other things. Yet the lady of the house was proven to be barren. The couple went to every priestess of Juno they could find, but their efforts were fruitless and it seemed that the families bloodline would end.
    Until one of the servant girls let it slip that Parvati’s mother had vast knowledge of arcane practices that could no doubt solve the family’s plight. The woman however, still harboring resentment towards the Romans, bluntly refused.
    A slave however does not refuse its master and get away with it. Parvati was forced to perform the ritual in her mother’s place. Sadly, the ritual asked for a human sacrifice to create a life and seeing no other use for a rebellious slave the Roman woman offered up Parvati’s mother.
    The guilt Parvati felt over the slaying of the woman that gave her life, threw of the ritual. When the Roman woman gave birth to the child, they discovered that it was horribly disfigured. Parvati’s life was forfeit because of this, but on instinct she opened a doorway to a shadow dimension and the creatures within wreaked havoc on the household. Unable to reign in the terrible forces she had summoned the shadow beasts went on to ravage the Pompeii for weeks until finally an army brought an end to the matter.
    Parvati was captured, but dead seemed to light a punishment for a crimes so heinous. So she was entombed alive and surrounded by runes that would keep her alive for all eternity whilst also binding her magical abilities.
    And so Parvati lay there for centuries. Until a series of earthquakes disrupted the runes and allowed the young witch to escape. Untouched by time, but quite mad, she quickly regained her magical abilities and set out to take vengeance on the unsuspecting Italians that were living in the nearby village.
    The Infinity League was called in to take her out. But once Bishop figured out what Parvati had gone through, he managed to calm her down. Because obviously no prison could hold her, he asked her to join the team so that he could keep an eye on her.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Love Parvati! Great concept and execution.

Scatman

@MisterDinoMan said:

Five down, two to go. Here’s Gamma Guardian

Close
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/misterdinoman/2013/01/Gamma-Guardian-CU.PNG
    Full

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/misterdinoman/2013/01/Gamma-Guardian.PNG

Backstory:
    Known Aliases: Gamma Guardian, The Guardian-Commander, Frank Walker
    Abilities/Skills: energy manipulation, super strength, flight, invulnerability
    Weakness: Earth’s oxygen based atmosphere is toxic to him, so he must wear a breath mask at all times.
    Description:
    Pharanq W’Qer’s home planet of G’ma, deep inside the Vaecor Dominion, is a harsh one. High levels of radiation coupled with a mostly argon based atmosphere make it impossible for most live to survive on G’ma. The G’mannites themselves adapted to their environment. A typical G’mannite can absord most of the dangerous energy the planet throws at them. The Guardians however, are not normal G’mannites.
    The Guardians are a subrace of G’mannites that are capable of channeling the absorbed energy, granting them many wonderous abilities. As such, joining the military is mandatory for them.
    W’Qer was the proud Commander of the Guardian Legion for over a decade and a half. Under his leadership the Guardians were respected as a exemplars of justice and bringers of peace throughout the Dominion. The generous High Prefect Magnonnius IV was more than happy to use their extraordinary powers in this fashion.
    Sadly, all men must die and a High Prefect is no exception to this rule. Magnonnius’ son, Draxur, followed in his footsteps and took on the office and the responsibilities that his father had had. However, Draxur was a spoiled and vain man who believed that the prosperity of the Dominion should be spread beyond its borders.
    And so, the Guardian Legion was transformed from a benevolent peacekeeping force into a murderous horde. W’Qer was ordered to commit atrocities in the name of the galactic nation he once so proudly served. Finally, he just couldn’t take it anymore.
    He traveled to the next planet on Draxur’s conquest and tried to warn the people there. To his horror, he discovered that the denizens of this primitive planet neither had the means to understand him, let alone escape the oncoming onslaught.
    Stories of the strange alien soon spread and Bishop sought him out. The telepath was able to establish rudimentary communications. During his years as an agent for the I.D.E.A., Bishop had met a lot of men like Draxur and he was not impressed. But he also knew that the world’s armies were ridiculously outmatched and that the I.D.E.A was to mired in bureaucracy to be of any assistance. So he gathered the group of talented individuals that would later become the Infinity League to face the threat of the Dominion head-on.
    After all was said and done, and the Dominion left. W’Qer was left stranded on the strange world he had come to protect. With the help of his new team mates he constructed a secret identity, aided by a holographic image inducer and an instant translation device. As Frank Walker, he’s a kind and fair police officer, but when the stakes rise he faces it as Gamma Guardian.

one of my favorites !I love those colors!

@Scatman said:

one of my favorites !I love those colors!

@The Atomic Punk said:

Love Parvati! Great concept and execution.

Thanks guys, I’m having a blast with these.

The final member of the team, Aquatide

Close
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/misterdinoman/2013/01/Aquatide-CU.PNG
    Full
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/misterdinoman/2013/01/Aquatide.PNG
    Backstory:
    Known Aliases: Aquatide, Project QX789, The Hampton Terror
    Abilities/Skills: amphibian physiology, camouflage, expert swordfighter
    Description:
    Project QX789 was an attempt at creating a soldier better suited to underwater environments. The scientists in charge, dr. Elsa Andreas and professor Clyde Veider, were the foremost experts on cloning and genetic manipulation. They successfully created an artificial life form and accelerated it’s maturation. In a matter of months, the creature reached adulthood.
    Through its neural module it got information on combat tactics, his own physiology, the political climate and a myriad of other topics that could prove useful in a combat situation. But when the pod was opened, it was not a remorseful killing machine that stood before the scientists. Rather it was an innocent young man, with a very naïve viewpoint on the world. While he had received all the information, it had not fully assimilated the knowledge. Thus the project was deemed a failure and Andreas and Veider were ordered to terminate the specimen.
    But they couldn’t do it. Project QX789 had as much right to live as any other living being. So they set him free. The off shore facility wasn’t too far from the Hamptons. After a series of mysterious sightings the local media dubbed the strange creature ‘The Hampton Terror’.
    The Infinity League, kept a close eye on the situation as super powered being in such close proximity to New York, and their headquarters, could be potentially dangerous. But they ended up having to protect the creature when the local police department organized a manhunt. They took Project QX789 into their protective custody, he choose the name ‘Andreas Veider’ for his secret identity, and offered him a place on the team after discovering the many useful abilities he possessed. Now he fights the good fight as Aquatiden, a proud member of The Infinity League.

Anarchangel
    Participant

That is friggin brilliant :)

Thanks man, here’s the mandatory group shot.

http://robbefockaert.be/ILG.png

The image is quite big, so you’ll have to click the link in the attachment box to see the full picture.

Looks like the compression I had to use to make the site accept an image of that filesize made it a bit pixelated. Here’s a cleaner version.

Scatman

They look hot as hell!!I am in awe of your style these days,man they look good1anyway,I really could use a tutorial on groups1I tried paint.net HK Gave me a great lesson on it but I still couln’t figure it out and I also tries JR19759’s word tutorial and no go,if you could give me some pointers i would love it!When you find time of course…PM me.

To be honest, I used Photoshop. Cut out the characters, so they didn’t have the white background anymore. And then it was just dragging around the characters until I found a composition I liked.

Btw, would anyone be interested in a character redesign contest centered around these guys. I don’t want to create a topic in the contest forum and then have absolutely no entries.

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

They’re too good to be redesigned Smile

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 452 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.